Global Employee Communications - Senior Manager
At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
As a Global Employee Communications Senior Manager, you will have the opportunity to deliver a company-wide communications strategy spanning 12 geographies. You will be a critical part of a newly formed team, led by the Global Director of Employee Communications.
You’ll need to be fantastic at putting strategy into practice – from planning out what information is shared across the business to creating the content itself or tracking and shaping future communications through smart use of data. You’ll also be responsible for designing the right strategy for the company’s communications channels.
Your work will directly impact the engagement levels of our 2,000+ employees across 12 countries, and ensure every team member is as informed as possible so that they can do their jobs leveraging the right set of information, guidance and operating principles. As we continue to work to solidify our company culture, your role in delivering cross company communications will play a major part in our story.
We are a company full of dynamic, interesting, thoughtful teams who are working to solve some really difficult problems. Our internal communications programme needs to reflect that. We want this role to drive punchy campaigns that are creative and engaging - and most importantly capture our company culture which is focused on innovation.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Lead on global employee communications channel strategy - transforming how we communicate as a business
- Partner with colleagues and leaders (functional and geographic) from across the business on employee communications and engagement
- Shape leadership communications including owning company-wide internal events and ensuring the effective cascade of information through the company
- Lead on delivering key strategic initiatives, embedding programmes across the business (e.g. Values integration, learning and development strategies)
- Develop creative and engaging campaigns that have cut-through across the business - using a mix of mediums incl video, podcasts, webinars, blogs and direct communications (the sky's the limit
- Craft content for communications – copywriting, drafting briefings, talking points and creating audio-visual and interactive materials
- Lean heavily on data insights (engagement metrics and others) to measure the impact of and drive the constant iteration and evolution of the strategy
- Develop and integrate best practices across non-owned comms across the business
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Significant experience in any communications discipline or setting (in-house, agency, Govt) with outstanding written skills and a strong track record of delivery.
- Experience working on brands and projects at the forefront of the news
- Experience working with and building consensus among multiple stakeholders in an entrepreneurial, high-expectation environment.
- Resourceful, action and detail-oriented. Able to combine creativity with analytical thinking to deliver measurable impact
- Campaign experience - ability to drive evolving communication programmes over the medium to long term
- A team player with a high-ownership mindset
Preferred, But Not Required
- Experience of working in employee communications
- Experience of working in the tech sector or in a technology focused organisation
- Strong, clear, nuanced and versatile verbal and written communicator with the ability to adapt style for a wide range of audiences and scenarios
- Ability to work cross functionally and with executive and senior stakeholders to drive alignment and buy-in
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.