When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
And we’re just getting started
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
The Operations teams are the foundation of our business. Through localising our international strategy and product, they source and manage a growing fleet of delivery partners and ensure the efficient and rapid delivery of our orders from our vast network of restaurant partners, to our increasing pool of hungry customers. Deliveroo has experienced tremendous growth in the past year and we are looking for talented individuals to add value to our team, who will be able to set strategy, structure and manage a team but also get into the details to identify future opportunities.
As a Head of Rider Marketing, Engagement & Supply, you will have the unique opportunity to build and lead a team that is focused on raising the bar on how we manage rider growth, onboard enough riders in the right areas at the right time to ensure supply, build a compelling Rider proposition / brand and engage meaningfully with Riders in order to develop programs and initiatives that add value to our operating model.
You will own the delivery of our rider strategy across the entire lifecycle - from acquisition to churn, by understanding who our riders are and use this knowledge to maximise our rider satisfaction and retention.
You will report directly to the Director of Operations. Specifically, your role will involve the following responsibilities:
Key Tasks / Responsibilities
* Define our rider proposition strategy and execute this strategy across Operations teams in France, including CRM
* Define a yearly Marketing planning and budget across CRM, Partnerships & Engagement initiatives to be carried out, in partnership with Global Operations Teams
* Lead a team to generate insights to uncover who our riders are and what they care about; and identify improvements which can be scaled in the country and across different verticals
* Define our content strategy including managing channels through which we communicate to riders
* Launch and manage national partnerships to strengthen the rider proposition in France.
* Managing the Rider Forum in France
* 5+ years of experience in consultancy or tech firm and/or growth marketing and/or operations experience
* Proven management experience
* Strategic Thinking: be able to develop a vision for rider growth and get the buy-in from partner teams on executing against this vision
* Team Development: we are looking for a strong leader who can set direction and help prioritise work in a fast moving and ambiguous environment. You will be able to manage and mentor your team and invest heavily in their development and progression
* Driven and confident personality, who can keep a cool head in a crisis.
* Be self-motivated and able to drive project progress with minimal guidance
* Cross-Functional Stakeholder Management: You will need excellent collaboration and communication skills - building deep, trust based relationships with local markets and global teams across several functions.
* Project management: You will need to coordinate and lead projects cross-functionally and have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Ability to deep-dive to drive insights: Experience with quantitative data analysis and identifying actionable insights
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with a large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.