We’re looking for a Senior Manager, Restaurant Marketing Strategy, responsible for driving restaurant & grocery partner growth for Deliveroo across all markets. This role will partner with the central restaurant function, consumer org & in-country marketing teams to deliver best-in-class marketing & growth strategies that deliver commercial results. You will be responsible for supporting country marketing teams on how to effectively showcase our restaurant partners in their marketing, developing scalable and effective toolkits to drive results, and managing internal and external stakeholders to maximise awareness of Deliveroo in partner comms.
You will be an entrepreneurial thinker and a self starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to ‘think big’ while paying careful attention to detail. You will be experienced in managing partnerships or relationships and have a broad understanding of the marketing channel mix.
You will have the ability to dive deep into the data and meet with key stakeholders to understand segments, needs, priorities and growth areas. Be the voice of restaurants in the business and within the marketing team, developing frameworks & processes to engage restaurants with Deliveroo marketing, and enable country marketing teams to meet their goals.
This role reports to the Director of Restaurant Marketing & Growth.
What you’ll be doing
- Build & maintain brilliant partnerships: Work closely with our Restaurant team to build and maintain relationships with some of our most important partners at global level. Be the point person to maintain joint marketing plans and strategy at JV level. This includes partner involvement in national brand and promo campaigns, restaurant specific activity, site-specific targeted support etc. Plans must be both tactical (driving transactions) and brand-driven to ensure they create value for partners and for Deliveroo
- Take the lead on managing scalable and effective toolkits - Develop, implement & codify key toolkits, playbooks & assets banks to best support all restaurants and marketing teams
- Cross-functional collaboration - Take an active lead in collaborating with country marketing teams to champion restaurant marketing strategy and drive growth for restaurants and Deliveroo. Work closely with the restaurant org, promotions, product, performance marketing, CRM, PR & partnerships to co-develop initiatives and activity that best leverages selection and drives growth.
- Support bespoke enterprise preferred marketing pitches - For the top global/national partners, manage a suite of ideas that we can pitch (what we give, what we get) to drive preferred / exclusive marketing
- Measure, Test & Learn - Measure the relevant restaurant marketing KPIs. Utilise data-driven decision making to continuously improve the performance of our marketing efforts.
- Innovate - Develop new products and services focused at delivering unique marketing value (e.g., structured pricing tests, copy testing, menu performance, incrementality) not currently supported by current capabilities by identifying need, building the business case, and executing with partners.
- Take an analytical approach: Our industry moves fast - so this role will need to keep a relentless focus on how to segment and understand our restaurant partner base to maximise growth.
- 5 years experience in consulting/strategy or marketing project management from a consumer-facing industry, be it retail, consumer goods, restaurant, or something completely different
- Skilled at relationship management, with experience in managing extended groups of demanding stakeholders and a practiced negotiator.
- Broad understanding of the marketing mix, and levers that can be used to drive growth
- A great balance of commercial fluency and creative flair - at home facing into a Commercial team and external restaurant businesses on a daily basis.
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally and building consensus among multiple stakeholders in an entrepreneurial, high-expectation environment
- Detail-oriented executor. You're skilled at planning, organising, prioritising and executing simultaneous projects and activities at once. You can prioritise high impact activities and keep complicated projects moving forward.
- A self-starter attitude that’s comfortable with constant change and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven track record in making things happen - delivering results quickly and efficiently.
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.