Service Desk Team Leader - Enterprise Technology
About the Role:
The Deliveroo Enterprise Technology team conceives, designs, builds and sustains the IT services powering Deliveroo’s internal teams globally, as we transform the way customers eat. We continually drive service improvements and love to automate everything we can on our journey towards customer delight.
As the Service Desk Team Leader you will be working as part of the 24/7 global Operations Team, with a special focus upon leading front-line real-time support for Deliveroo colleagues needing IT assistance. The team’s main objective is to delight our Deliveroo colleagues by ensuring day-to-day incidents, problems and user requests are addressed promptly, and that services are running reliably, securely and are continually improved.
The Service Desk partners closely with other Enterprise Tech teams and business units to ensure we are always providing the highest level of support to our colleagues, ensuring they can do the best work of their careers. The role reports to the Head of Enterprise Technology Operations.
People leadership and customer service are your drivers and what motivates you in your role, surfaced through coaching, mentoring and collaboration. Your main day-to-day focus will be on your people, your customers and your services. Your technical knowledge will enable you to make a valuable contribution to the team and to support them practically.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Leading and coaching an operationally-focused Service Desk team
- Ensure the highest levels of customer experience in a collaborative environment with a keen focus on helping people resolve issues and problems as a leader of the first point of contact in Operations.
- Helping to build effective and visible team processes that enable high throughput
- Providing timely support to key stakeholders and customers
- Acting as an escalation point for production issues that may occur outside of standard working hours
- Coach the team in troubleshooting, or escalating issues as appropriate, in a timely manner while communicating clearly and proactively throughout the customer's experience until resolved.
- Be an advocate representing Deliveroo colleagues to ensure each receives the best possible IT experience.
- Collaborate on company-wide initiatives and team projects
- Proven experience of leading, managing, mentoring and motivating an operations-focused technical team
- A customer-obsessed mindset, doing what is necessary to delight our colleagues
- Comfortable communicating the right level of detail with excellent written and verbal skills.
- A methodical and logical approach to problem solving with a sense of ownership
- Driven, self-starter without requiring close supervision, collaborative, comfortable adapting to change and learning quickly in a dynamic organisation.
- Good understanding of ITIL / Service Management
- Knowledge of supporting End User platforms (laptops and SaaS such as Workday) at scale
We’re also interested in…
- Exposure to supporting any of the following:
- ZenDesk / ServiceNow
- Google Workspace (G Suite)
- Apple products
- Windows 10
- Office networking
- Identity and Access Management
- Python or any other programming language
- Experience with AV and VC systems (especially Google Meet)
- Proficiency with at least one programming language - preferably Python.
- Experience in creating insightful dashboards based off valuable performance metrics
- Relevant professional certifications