Service Desk Specialist - Enterprise Technology
About the Role:
The Deliveroo Enterprise Technology team conceives, designs, builds and sustains the IT services powering Deliveroo’s internal teams globally, as we transform the way customers eat. We continually drive service improvements and love to automate everything we can on our journey towards customer delight.
As a Service Desk Specialist you will be working as part of the 24/7 global Operations Team, with a special focus upon providing front-line real-time support for Deliveroo colleagues needing IT assistance. This team partners closely with other Enterprise Tech teams and business units to ensure we are always providing the highest level of support to our colleagues, ensuring they can do the best work of their careers.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Ensure the highest levels of customer experience in a collaborative environment with a keen focus on helping people resolve issues and problems as the first point of contact in Operations.
- You will spend time working with tickets that have been submitted to the Service Desk via multiple mediums (chat/phone/web/walk-ups). Some tickets you will work through to resolution, and some you will need to collaborate or escalate to other teams for assistance. You will act as liaison for our new employees helping to assist in setting up their laptops and other devices/accessories. Sometimes your job is simply to grant permission to a user once you have obtained or verified their eligibility.
- Troubleshoot, or escalate issues as appropriate, in a timely manner while communicating clearly and proactively throughout the customer's experience until resolved.
- Be an advocate representing Deliveroo colleagues to ensure each receives the best possible IT experience.
- Accurately log/document all Service Desk issues and work efforts using our service management solution
- Follow internal asset and inventory management processes for both hardware and software
- Collaborate on company-wide initiatives and team projects
- Identify and research technical problems of varying complexity and follow through to resolution
- Likely participation in a rota of early starts / early finish and late starts/late finish as well as regular office hours. The initial aim is that collectively the team covers 07:00 - 19:00.
- Above all, a customer-obsessed mindset, doing what is necessary to delight our colleagues
- Comfortable communicating the right level of detail with excellent written and verbal skills.
- A proven background in a technical support environment
- A methodical and logical approach to problem solving with a sense of ownership
- Driven, self-starter without requiring close supervision, collaborative, comfortable adapting to change and learning quickly in a dynamic organisation.
- Ability to, occasionally, accommodate a non-traditional work schedule and remain flexible to meet the needs of executives
- Ability to perform duties with a high degree of responsiveness and professionalism including with discretion
We’re also interested in…
- Exposure to any of the following:
- Google Workspace (G Suite)
- Apple products
- Windows 10
- ZenDesk / ServiceNow / Data Studio
- Jamf/InTune / Git
- Identity and Access Management
- Python or any other programming language
- Experience with AV and VC systems (especially Google Meet)
- Understanding of ITIL / Service Management
- Relevant professional certifications