Executive Support Engineer - Enterprise Technology
About the Role:
The Deliveroo Enterprise Technology team conceives, designs, builds and sustains the IT services powering Deliveroo’s internal teams globally, as we transform the way customers eat. We continually drive service improvements and love to automate everything we can on our journey towards customer delight.
As an Executive (VIP) Support Engineer you will be working as part of the Operations Team, with a special focus upon providing an exceptional level of personalised support for Deliveroo executives. This role will be working with very senior stakeholders including Board Members,offering significant high-level exposure to the business and its operations.
During quiet periods for Executive work you will be responsible for proactively improving our global End User Computing environments, facilitating delivery of business projects and providing feedback and support to adhere to Service Levels.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Establish trust with executives by performing expert level technical support while maintaining confidentiality and showing discretion.
- Serve as the primary point of contact (day-to-day technical support) for executives as it relates to Deliveroo and/or (occasionally) residential properties and personal technology
- Be an advocate representing Executive individuals and as a group to ensure each receives the best possible IT experience from internal teams and external suppliers.
- Learn to anticipate and plan for needs (e.g. in advance of long-haul travel, AGM, or a Board meeting) rather than solely react to requests.
- Maintain oversight and records of specific Executive needs, both current and upcoming, and ensure work outside of processes is minimised.
- Resolve operational incidents and requests rapidly and proactively improve our diverse environments to avoid & mitigate incidents. Domains include numerous Apple products, Google cloud-based infrastructure, SaaS, support tools, Identity & Access Management, Single Sign-on and typical digital workplace apps.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring indicators such as availability, ticket trends, and overall service health.
- A proven multi-year track record of success as an Executive Support Engineer
- A methodical and logical approach to problem solving with a sense of ownership
- Driven, self-starter without requiring close supervision, collaborative, comfortable adapting to change and learning quickly in a dynamic organisation.
- A mastery of common Apple products including set up, repair, troubleshooting, security, and maintenance
- Good understanding of consumer level wifi.
- Ability to occasionally accommodate a non-traditional work schedule and remain flexible to meet the needs of executives
- Ability to perform duties with a high degree of responsiveness and professionalism including with discretion. Given the exposure to confidential information you may be required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement.
We’re also interested in…
- Experience diagnosing and troubleshooting A/V and VC systems (especially Google Meet) in an office or residential environment
- Comfort supporting Android, Windows, Chromebooks
- Exposure to any of the following:
- ZenDesk / ServiceNow / Data Studio
- Python or any other programming language
- Relevant higher education and professional certifications