When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2004 and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. In 2013 Deliveroo was launched. Fast forward to 2020 and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Do you have a real hunger to succeed and ambition to grow a new business? This position is a perfect match for you!
As a New Business ODC - Business Development Associate you will report directly to the Commercial Director and partner closely with our ODC Account Manager.
Your tasks will be the following:
- Prospect actively grocery shop and all food shops (butchers, bakers, chocolate shops, delicatessens, organic shops,etc.) everywhere in Belgium using all the channels/means of communication at your disposal (telephone, email, social networks, face-to-face if the health situation allows it...).
- Bring answers to the various feedback from partners, design the most appropriate offer according to their needs and objectives, while demonstrating a perfect knowledge of the Deliveroo business and technology
- Provide complete and transversal solutions to our future partners with the support of the different teams if necessary (Account Management, Marketing, operations...), while preserving Deliveroo's interests as best as possible during negotiations
- With the help of the ODC team, participate in the PMF (product market fit) to analyse the ODC demand and supply in each area to establish the local acquisition strategy
- Develop the portfolio of local grocery partners by presenting the various advantages of our marketplace
- Supervise the complete integration process of a shop joining our platform, from the registration phase to the operational launch, in order to ensure the best transmission/management of new partners for the relay teams
- Carry out daily reporting of your commercial actions and keep your CRM up to date for better follow-up with your Manager
Your experience and qualities :
- You have a degree from a business school or equivalent, and you already have experience in the commercial field or experience in a similar position (telephone sales / negotiation)
- A first experience in CRM (use, configuration) will be a strong advantage
- You have experience in monitoring accurate KPIs, working in a team and you value the quality of the metrics set up with partners
- Highly organized and detail-oriented. You can handle several projects at the same time and meet deadlines
- You can work in a team and seek advice
- Curious and creative, you are able to make proposals and take initiatives
- Autonomous, you like responsibility and you know how to find solutions
- You are passionate about making a real impact within the Deliveroo sales strategy
- Good level in French, Dutch and English is required (regular meetings)
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around