Product Management at Deliveroo takes many forms, and involves many facets. We’re a consumer-facing brand, with websites and mobile apps which help customers find great quality food which can be brought to them to satisfy their needs any time day or night. We’re a logistics company, directing a fleet of drivers around major cities across the globe using a dedicated native app. We’re a partner to restaurants, who see us as a way to unlock access to new customers, grow their digital presence and deepen their relationship with existing customers - and thus maximize the revenue of their business. And we’re a home for a variety of internal teams building tools for customer service, finance, marketing... to keep the operation afloat.
Life as a product leader will mean working on any or all of these areas, in order to deliver value to customers, drivers, and restaurants. Day-to-day, you’ll tackle new challenges, and find innovative, creative ways to apply yourself to the problems at hand.
In the relevance and personalisation role, you’ll drive the vision and execution on how we can provide a world class experience for our consumers, delivering impact within months, not years.
What you’ll be doing
As a Senior Product Manager, Consumer Relevance Algorithms, you will lead some of our most complex and high priority projects at Deliveroo which are at the heart of our business and directly impact our riders, restaurants, and customers. You’ll lead a team of talented machine learning engineers, data scientists and engineers to build solutions for real consumer problems ( which sometimes will require predictive models or algorithms) that deliver business value in the short and long-term. You’ll be responsible for delivering high standard projects that require complex stakeholder management and coordination across multiple product teams.
- You have a track record of partnering with machine learning engineers, engineers, product designers and data scientists to tackle ambiguous problems. You have overseen dedicated teams and led product prioritisation, developed roadmaps and driven the delivery of functionality for products that impact the real world.
- You are highly detail-oriented and thrive in an environment where impact and speed of execution are paramount. You're happy focusing on building a high functioning team and working with them to develop MVP solutions to consumer problems, as well as developing a strategic vision for the space.
- You possess significantly above standard analytical & technical skills and have the ability to challenge and be challenged on a numerical basis to ensure your decisions are well-founded
- You can have detailed discussions with data scientists about predictive models or algorithms while being able to explain their uses and benefits to stakeholders and executives around the business. You drive impact while balancing both short and long term priorities.
- You understand when and how to run different kinds of AB-tests; use both leading indicators and business metrics; and drive sensible decision-making even where statistical significance is low, and you're confident in leading discussions about how we should measure impact of this space overall.
- You can apply an uncompromising focus on user-centric design, intellect, data, research, and well-honed judgment to ensure you’re focused on making the biggest difference to our users with your work and the biggest impact on Deliveroo
- You are adept at influencing your teammates, stakeholders and depending teams to rally around your plan. You possess an evangelist’s touch for inspiring an organization with your product vision, instituting passion and excitement for your work and the ability to convince the senior team to be thrilled with an outcome, even if at times it varies significantly from their original ask
- Experience building a large scale consumer-facing digital product
Preferred, but not essential
- Degree in Maths, Operations Research, or similar experience
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Benefits And Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.