The UK & Ireland are our domestic and most mature markets. Functions include commercial, operations and marketing, and teams in the UK&I partner closely with global functions such as product, technology and consumer to deliver results for our customers.
The Planning & Analytics team sits within Rider Operations and is responsible for the availability, reliability and efficiency of the delivery network across the UK & Ireland. This includes fleet size planning, network management, logistics, incentives and rider pricing.
Operating at scale in a hyper competitive, hyper growth environment is no mean feat. As such you'll be faced with some of the most exciting problems across the food tech space. Reporting to the Head of Planning & Analytics, UKI, you’ll have a key role in ensuring the success of the logistics network in the UK & Ireland. This centres on ensuring that we always have the right number of riders on the road in the right place at the right time, tackling topics such as how to best incentivise the fleet, how to handle poor weather, and creating scalable processes to ensure an impressive baseline of network performance.
You’ll work closely with other members of the Planning & Analytics team, as well as wider teams within UKI Operations and Global Operations, to ensure the best possible outcomes for our riders, restaurants and customers. This role will involve management responsibilities, including oversight of the team within Planning & Analytics that monitors the live network across Europe.
What you’ll be doing
- Ensure that we have the right number of riders working in the right place at the right time, and maintain and improve upon an existing set of levers to achieve this.
- Make recommendations on how to allocate our resources to ensure the best possible network outcomes, for instance through managing our incentive spend.
- Track our key numbers, look for unusual trends in our data and uncover root causes to ensure that we preserve the health of the network.
- Work alongside other members of the Planning & Analytics team to ensure that we operate to budget, accommodate the needs of commercial stakeholders, and maintain the appropriate fleet size, for instance by setting appropriate new rider supply targets.
- Provide regular, relevant, concise updates on network performance to wider business stakeholders.
- Manage two members of the team in addition to the live network management team, setting targets and aiding their development.
- University level education in an analytical field or equivalent experience in consulting, program management, supply chain management, engineering or a high-growth start up.
- An ownership mindset that means you know what is happening in your area of responsibility, and a curiosity to uncover and diagnose unusual outcomes.
- Experience building scalable processes, tools and structured change methodologies, and therefore enjoying working in a process driven environment.
- Strong analytical mindset and comfortable with large data sets.
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Comfortable handling multiple workstreams at the same time, working both individually and as part of a team, and effectively prioritising.
Preferred, but not required
- Management experience.
- Experience with forecasting and modelling.
- Working knowledge of data visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, Periscope). SQL a plus.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.