Workday Technical Consultant
The Platform, IT and Info Security team is a newly created cross-functional team to create and execute a strategic vision on the systems that we use at Deliveroo. From defining the long term road map and requirements for the business to launching and supporting those systems internally, to managing strategic partnerships with key vendors the team ensures that we are able to manage the systems we use effectively.
As a Workday Technical Consultant, you will be expected to drive forward the platform used by every employee within Deliveroo. The global optimisation of the Workday system is key to both the smooth running of Deliveroo’s global HR processes and each Deliveroo employee’s lifecycle.
This is a great opportunity to provide your expertise on Workday and develop your functional knowledge while adding value to our programme of work.
Reporting into the HCM Systems Lead, the Workday Technical Consultant will provide dedicated expertise in the maintenance and development of Workday. They will be the primary point of contact for issues and tasks relating to process workflows, functionality deployment, user security and report development. The successful candidate will have experience in HCM and/or Advanced Compensation modules. Candidates are not expected to know each module inside out, but configuration experience is necessary.
- Provide subject matter expertise on the: administration, functionality, maintenance and operational effectiveness of Workday system
- Review existing configurations and suggest improvements and advise on best practice and ways to increase efficiency
- Providing day-to-day user support, acting as a primary point of contact for user enquiries and defects raised by global users
- Take ownership of issues and diagnose and resolve either individually or with support of team
- Partner with business leaders to define and develop system requirements and improve processes
- Provide project support for all HRIS projects, implementations, designs and deployments
- Develop materials to effectively train end-users on how to use HR system
- Demonstrable experience supporting a successful Workday implementation project
- Expert knowledge and configuration experience in Workday HCM/Advanced Compensation and preferably other modules (Sec urity, Reporting, Payroll, Talent and Performance)
Knowledge of reporting, security and integration touch points
- Experience developing HR processes and procedures aligned with the Workday system within a multinational environment
- Advanced skills in MSOffice, Excel and the full Googles suite of applications comfortable working with large volumes of data.
- Ability to evaluate current state and identify opportunities for improvement
- Able to interpret and analyse requests concisely with imaginative and practical problem-solving skills
- Able to identify, clarify and resolve issues and risks, escalating them as required
- Exceptional project management skills, time management skills, attention to detail and ability to multi task competing priorities
- Discretion in dealing with confidential information
- Ability to manage change through setting realistic expectations and effective communication skills
- Ability to break down complex concepts and clearly explain them to people at all levels, respectfully challenging assumptions when needed
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast paced organisation
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around