Why Deliveroo ?
We have a longer form and a shorter form blurb. Use the shorter form blurb in places where it is more likely than not the audience will know what Deliveroo is (e.g. on our own careers site, LinkedIn page, etc). Use the longer form blurb in places where the audience is less likely to know about Deliveroo (e.g. countries we do not operate in, job boards and communities that are new for us, etc).
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
About the team:
The Finance and Strategy team's core mission is to help Deliveroo make more effective decisions. We aim to build long term company value, and we achieve this by setting company strategy, facilitating world-class execution, understanding and sharing the drivers of our business, delivering accurate financial results, all while managing risks and keeping an eye out for opportunities. Finally, it's critical that we continually foster and evolve a team culture to allow for each team member to thrive and grow.
- Business Partner
- Partner with the BU Lead and country leadership team to help set the strategic direction of your allocated region
- Aid in strategic, financial and operational planning and execution
- Leverage your financial and strategic experience and knowledge to identify areas of strategic interest and frame approaches to tackle them
- Performance management
- Collaborate with senior stakeholders in the business to develop, track and analyse performance on strategic issues of importance
- Closely follow the BU performance and be experts in key areas such as growth and profitability drivers. They will also be expected to be familiar with BU level indicators, KPIs relating to major projects in their zones and any other relevant performance drivers
- Liaison and problem solving
- Ensure linkage to central functions in execution of country initiatives, deployment of new products/capabilities and alignment with company-wide missions
- Drive key resource allocation discussions and implementation with other functions
- 2-3 years of professional background in Finance, Consulting or Project management in a fast growing environment
- Strong experience in financial techniques (P&L, investments, process, performance measurement, etc.) and project management
- Advanced Excel/PPT and experience in SQL (required) and analytics
- Willingness to go into the field and transform observations into hypotheses
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, excellent team player
- Experience being part of complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work quickly with tight deadlines
- Fluent and comfortable working in French and English