Senior Analyst, Financial Reporting
At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we are building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
As a Senior Analyst within our global Financial Reporting team, you will play a central role in creation of the self-serve analytical tools aimed to standardise the analysis of the organization’s financials and reconcile them against various internal reports.
You will be an integral part in designing processes and ways of working aimed to maximize the usage of the financial ledger to support our reporting needs in close collaboration with both Financial Managers and Engineers. The role will report to the Finance Analytics Manager and will be focussed on all aspects of ensuring the financial reporting systems are working correctly.
What you will be doing
- Work closely with the engineering team to build out the financial ledger and ensure its timely maintenance, including requesting, reviewing and signing off any changes to the automated Financial Reporting systems.
- Continuous improvement of the analytical tools that provide insights into the monthly variance analysis of the P&L.
- Work on add Ad Hoc requests for any identified issues/variances.
- Regular update of the existing analytical models and documentation of the outliers for the external Audit.
- Other work to support the financial reporting team as required.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in a similar finance/analytics position.
- Ability to work with large, complex and interlinked datasets to make balanced decisions.
- Numerical literacy combined with a high level of business acumen.
- Experience building robust datasets (in SQL) to support a variety of the analytical needs.
- Willingness to have a diverse set of tasks, take responsibility and ‘own’ your work.
- Both qualified accountants and qualified by experience will be considered.
- Advanced user of Excel, SQL. Looker experience is highly welcomed.
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.