Investor Relations Associate
About the department
As a member of this high-profile team, you will contribute significantly to the understanding of Deliveroo’s equity story by the investor and analyst community. Reporting to the VP Investor Relations, this is a unique and diverse role for someone looking to expand their sector knowledge, investor relations, or capital markets experience. You will be someone who enjoys the fast pace and challenge of working for a large international business and will be delivery focussed.
What you will do:
Manage processes for market-facing events
- Project manage the delivery of results releases and trading updates.
- Organize the calendar and logistics for roadshows, conferences, and other events.
- Manage the IR team inbox, ensuring questions are answered/escalated as appropriate.
Provide analysis and insights
- Monitor competitor results and industry news flow, and provide insights to Management.
- Produce monthly IR management information deck and quarterly Board report.
Produce impactful corporate materials
- Contribute to preparation of results materials and Annual and Interim reports.
- Maintain the IR section of the corporate website.
Develop and organize critical management information
- Develop/maintain CRM system to manage engagement with the investment community.
- Lead on the production of comprehensive investor briefing packs for CEO & CFO.
Contribute to broader team success
- Monitor the development of IR best practice and tools, and drive their implementation.
- Build relationships and collaborate across the broader finance & business communities.
- Relevant professional experience (e.g. in investor relations, capital markets, or corporate FP&A), with interest in technology and innovation
- Understanding of current issues in IR and capital markets, including ESG
- Proven project management capabilities, with ability to prioritise workload whilst managing business and finance stakeholder expectations in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills, with solid foundations in finance and accounting
- A talent for written communication and creating impactful data visualizations, and keen attention to detail
- Self-motivation and a strong team ethic, ability to work autonomously, and to build and utilise a broader cross-functional network
- A commitment to continuous professional education and development of IR best practice.
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2004 and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. In 2013 Deliveroo was launched. Fast forward to 2020 and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started!
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.