At Deliveroo, consumers are at the heart of our mission to build the definitive food company - in this role you will be too.
Reporting to the Consumer Strategy Manager, you will have the exciting opportunity to join our newly-formed Consumer Org (combining consumer strategy, value proposition, marketing and comms) at a nascent stage. The Consumer Org will be responsible for driving the consumer strategy globally, building the tools and platforms that the business needs to understand our consumers, in order to build the most compelling and competitive proposition for them.
Deliveroo operates one of the most complex businesses in the world. Our three-sided marketplace (of consumers, riders and restaurants) operates in real-time, serving millions of consumers hyper-locally in more than 600 towns across 12 countries. The geographical and demographic diversity of our consumers, as well as the competitive dynamics of the market, makes this a fascinating and intellectually challenging role. With a unique opportunity to join the newly formed Consumer Org at an early stage and to have an outsized impact on the trajectory of a business that is growing at a breakneck pace, the role is also set to be incredibly rewarding.
What you’ll be doing
You will be finding solutions to some of the toughest and most exciting consumer questions we must answer at Deliveroo. We are looking for a critical thinker to own project-based work which helps to drive our global business decisions. Example activities that you would be responsible for include:
- Deepening our understanding of how to refine our existing proposition to best meet our customers’ needs; using these insights to inform our overall consumer differentiation strategy per market
- Identifying new opportunities to expand our consumer appeal given this differentiation strategy
- Sourcing and analysing both qualitative and quantitative insights to size the impact of these opportunities on the business, and identify any key risks with implementation
- Working with multiple internal teams across the business to bring those ideas to life
We are looking for someone who:
- Has at least 2-3 years of experience in Consulting or a strategy-related function
- Has a deep desire to solve real world problems, who sees the beauty of data and structure and how important these are to understanding a problem and identifying effective solutions
- Can prioritise effectively as well as lead multiple project workstreams concurrently and independently
- Is adept at conducting 80/20 analysis, drawing out business insights from that analysis and presenting findings and recommendations persuasively
- Experience in a top-tier consultancy or in the strategy function of a top-tier corporate
- Excellent modelling skills (incl. advanced Excel)
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to influence others
- Effective presentation skills in terms of speed and quality of output
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to craft a clear and concise memo
- Knowledge of core SQL
- Experience in a start-up environment (or as an entrepreneur)
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.