The U.K. & Ireland is our domestic and most mature market. Functions include commercial, operations and marketing, and teams in the UK&I partner closely with global functions such as product, technology and consumer to deliver results for our customers.
The Strategy and Initiatives team help resolve the most difficult and important issues facing the business, and pursue our most exciting opportunities. You will work with senior leaders, integrate across functions, bring new insight, and drive pace.
In this role you will particularly work with the regional teams for UK and Ireland, mid-market restaurants, and Editions. You will be the right hand and thought partner to the Vice President for Regional Growth. Deliveroo is a hyper-local business, where consumers are won over town by town and street by street, and the regional teams are the champions of our value proposition in each area.
What you’ll be doing
- Help the formulate the long term vision and strategy for the UK and Ireland, and resolve our most difficult and important choices
- Identify, prioritise, decide how to respond to, and execute on different opportunities as they emerge, particularly those that are cross-functional, fast moving, or particularly challenging or important
- Run the performance cadence for each region: setting objectives, monitoring performance, spotting issues early, and mobilising the organisation to respond
- Work closely with the UKI Chief Business Officer, the Vice President for Regional Growth, the three Regional Directors, and the UK Commercial Head of Editions
- Work with the Strategy and Finance function in developing quarterly and annual forecasting, budget and headcount processes
- Lead on other big consumer, commercial or strategic issues as needed.
- 3-5 years’ experience working closely with senior leadership, for example, at a leading management consultancy, or leadership experience in a fast-moving environment
- Exceptional problem-solving, from structuring issues to designing workstreams
- Strong quantitative analytical skills
- Experience implementing projects
- Ambitious, entrepreneurial, pragmatic, commercial, mindset, comfortable with ambiguity
- Clear communication skills
- Able to lead cross-functional teams without authority
- Relevant domain expertise, for example in restaurants and hospitality, B2B sales, growth startups, online marketplaces, hyperlocal businesses, regional-based organisations.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.