This role can be based in either Sydney or Melbourne.
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
What is Deliveroo for Business?
As the Corporate Business Development Manager you will lead the sales strategy and execution for our Deliveroo for Business offering.
Deliveroo for Business is working to be the number one provider of food delivery for companies. Our B2B solution caters to businesses of all sizes, along with their employees, to enable them to easily order food throughout the day and for any occasion.
The Australian Deliveroo for Business team is responsible for setting the local market strategy for the Deliveroo’s B2B offering and working to implement this. We work closely with a range of different businesses to deliver exceptional food experiences to workplaces and employees. Our clients come from professional & financial services, legal, technology, media and more!
Your role will be pivotal in the team as you will provide on-the-ground market knowledge to shape the strategy, and build our portfolio by signing businesses up to Deliveroo for their food needs.
Day to day, you will:
- Grow the corporate portfolio of Deliveroo by actively managing your sales pipeline to pitch to and sign new accounts
- Nurture, grow and manage the relationship between Deliveroo and the corporate customers in Australia
- Get involved with marketing activities including events, email campaigns and corporate client offers
- Partner with Account Managers to manage corporate catering, events and food requests from your clients
- Be part of growing our corporate business in Australia, including developing our strategy, corporate operations, customer service, account management and marketing capabilities
Skills you will need...
- 2+ years of sales experience, with experience selling to business owners and purchasing managers
- Proven track record of closing deals
- The ability to adapt your communication style as you'll be partnering with all sorts of people at a variety of different businesses
- A growth mindset and the desire to continually learn and progress within a fast paced start-up environment
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Additional leave days for years of service
- Volunteering leave to support a charity of your choice
- Health & Wellbeing
- Free access to HeadSpace
- ClassPass corporate discount
- LinkedIn Learning Access
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
- Amazing CBD offices
- Excellent kit to enable working from home and a parent-friendly working culture
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity benefits
- Quarterly celebrations with the wider team, end of year parties & regular social events
Our team is currently working from home in line with the current government advice relating to COVID19; benefits related to working from the office will be available when we return back to the office.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.
Apply now to continue the conversation.