When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
- We’re looking for an experienced HR generalist, who has a people centric mindset.
- You’ll have a specific focus on personnel administration, payroll and operational tasks.
- You’ ll be also handling staff onboarding and exit arrangements.
- You’ll also be exposed to all other HR processes – being the position a real opportunity to grow and learn.
- You'll serve as a focal point for all HR matters.
- You’ll join the local People Team, based in Hong Kong.
What you'll be doing:
- Take ownership of personnel administration tasks covering the entire employees’ life-cycle.
- Be accountable for execution of the monthly payroll management.
- Issuing contracts of employment, amendment letters, ad hoc salary and bonus letters, promotions.
- HRIS data maintenance and reporting.
- Drive the on-boarding/ off- boarding processes.
- Participation and support to the HR Manager in other tasks such as: performance, employee mapping, reviews and other tasks that are important.
- We’re assembling a diverse, passionate, highly skilled team and you will be doing the same to achieve a great working environment.
- You’ll have proven experience working in a generalist HR position and be able to pull on your knowledge of all parts of the employee life-cycle.
- You’ll have hands-on experience in payroll calculation and taxation issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Human Resources or Labour Relations, Law or similar (master’s degree in HR Management would be great!).
- You’ll ideally already have been part of a fast paced company that’s grown rapidly and will know the appropriate HR interventions/ initiatives.
- You’re skilled at working within a matrix organisation and have built great relationships with central and HQ teams.
- You’re awesome at building strong relationships and have great communication skills.
- Fluent in Chinese and English.
- Good communication skills to work with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience with Workday or other HRIS.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.