SMB Restaurant Support - French Market
Candidates must be based in Spain with NIE and Social Security (with a preference for Madrid).
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 7 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 6 years and we operate in 11 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the Financial Times’’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
We’re expanding our operations in Madrid currently, and as part of that, we’re centralising all restaurant launch, growth and sales development activity in a hub supporting our European markets so we can ensure we deliver a consistent approach to all restaurants partners from these teams
As a SMB support agent, you’ll be supporting our 3 departements, Sales, New restaurants & Restaurant Growth providing a high level of service as they require it.
You’ll be working to tight turnaround times, using your communication skills, empathy and problem solving abilities to navigate requests from restaurants across the country.
It is important you’re able to work the following hours to mirror the peak usage times for our restaurant partners, Monday to Friday 09:30:am - 18:30pm (subject to change).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Outbound calls: high outcome based communication with restaurants to drive specific results and campaigns
- Acquiring new business via phone, email and social media
- Product knowledge: A good understanding of products and services available to restaurants to self serve and grow their business
- Working alongside the rest of the launch team, the sales team, and our growth support team
- You’ll be results driven, and ready to take on challenging KPI’s, whilst maintaining excellent customer service
- You’ll need to manage your own time, whilst developing and maintaining daily call plans in order to get results.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Negotiation skills: ensuring we build long term partnerships with restaurants
- Excellent phone manner: ability to convince and inspire. The confidence to make regular calls, and remain resilient
- Native or Fluent in French + English and/or Spanish
- Be IT literate and keep our systems up to date with all relevant information
- Effective organisational skills
- Commitment to professional development and a motivation to make things happen. It’s important to keep in mind it’s not just what you do, but how you do it - be someone others enjoy working with, take the initiative and be a positive influence on other
- It will also be an advantage if you’re fluent in one (or more) Italian, Dutch
Benefits & Diversity:
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.