Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
What you’ll be doing
- Taking the lead on initiatives and projects to directly impact the growth of our existing SMB restaurant portfolio. You’ll anticipate new growth opportunities as they arise, and collaborate with key stakeholders to implement your ideas
- Supporting day-to-day operation and building stronger engagement with SMB restaurants
- Manage and develop a team of account associates. Coach, mentor, develop and motivate the team to perform and meet targets
- Data analysis across our analytical tools and databases to influence and execute the overall SMB strategy for commercial teams, with a specific focus on pre sales and post sales activities
- You’ll collaborate closely with the central planning team to identify key metrics, trends and insights, which will directly impact the growth of our business
- Creation, roll out & ownership of processes, tools and reporting dashboards to improve internal efficiency
- Supporting the SMB execution team across sales and account management with ad hoc reporting and insights requests, as well as reporting on team KPIs
- Collaboration with the local Sales, Operations and Marketing teams to support ongoing initiatives
Requirements and Skills you need
- 5+ years managing and developing highly performing teams. You'll focus on building your teams for success, foster a highly collaborative environment and coach members within the team for their growth
- Significant experience in managing large portfolio of accounts and driving process efficiency
- Analytical and have a passion for detail and data crunching
- Resourceful, creative, and with a keen eye for leveraging data insights to help our SMB operations team to make more insightful business decisions
- Able to create reports and dashboards in both Salesforce and Looker to be used by business stakeholders
- Comfortable working with individuals at all levels. You must be a team player and able to galvanise support from colleagues across departments and cities
- An expert in Excel. Experience using Salesforce, Looker and Google Suite would be beneficial
- Experience working with inside sales and telemarketing teams would be beneficial
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Snacks and drinks provided (although not unlimited, you will never go thirsty or hungry)
- Friday lunches on us from the best local restaurants
- Additional leave days for years of service
- Meal allowance if you are required to work late
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.