- This role will support the Head of Marketing Strategy and Planning in defining the plans for our overall UKI marketing activity. As we are growing rapidly, this will play a pivotal role in creating more structure for our plans, and providing thought leadership for the UKI Marketing team.
- You’ll be a customer champion. Responsible for embedding more insight-led decision making in the team, improving our planning process through more thorough, holistic and action-oriented PCAs, and working closely with the Insights and Business Strategy team to put the customer at the heart of our plans.
- You’ll simplify and prioritise. We have many messages to communicate - this role will lead calendar management, defining priority of messaging, the role for channels, and governing how activity ladders up together. In addition, you’ll be responsible for creating governance and process around decision making forums.
- Lead the charge on new opportunities: This person will both lead and work cross functionally on key strategic growth opportunities within marketing.
- Quarterly / Proposition Activity Planning:
- Understand and define market dynamics / context / size of prize for seasonal activity, and therefore which we should go after
- Work with Rx and ODC teams to identify best partner opportunities
- Lead team-wide quarterly briefs to the rest of the marketing org
- Defining ‘what good looks like’ for post-activity analysis
- Defining a templated approach to PCAs to capture relative success and business impact
- Managing our customer plan (and process / governance)
- Define a messaging framework; role for channels and bring this to life with the team
- Establish and manage governance & process
- Act as gatekeeper to our plan, making sure new activity ties back to objectives
- Manage ad hoc requests:As a team, we often get asked to get involved in reactive activities - we need to be able to have a framework to decide whether or not to go ahead with these, and give clear direction on how they take shape
- Define how we quantify success, and set up reporting structure for owned channels
- Lead on key strategic projects - i.e:
- Daypart - Defining the opportunity and galvanising action cross functionally
- Content strategy
- Spotting and identifying opportunities to improve our Consumer Value Proposition in the UKI
- Other, NDA projects!
What you will need:
- 8+ years in marketing strategy or management consultancy
- Strong strategic thinker: You’re comfortable with commercial and customer data, analysis, and synthesising this into clear narrative.
- Influence: Good at building relationships and getting buy in stakeholders at all levels of the business
- A creative problem solver who can think things through analytically
- Cross functional leader: Able to communicate vision and lead large scale projects with indirect reports
- A self-starter attitude that’s comfortable with constant change and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, full of great ideas and able to get stuff done autonomously.
- Great communication skills with a passion for building strong relationships.
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2004 and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. In 2013 Deliveroo was launched. Fast forward to 2020 and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.