Location: Bristol or London
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes. And we’re just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Why the Local Activation Team?
The Senior Local Marketing Manager will sit within the Local Activation Team. The team is responsible for developing the strategy for how Deliveroo grows each priority neighbourhood, city and region.
The team identifies commercial & consumer insights, develops highly relevant and engaging messaging for target audiences and builds campaigns and toolkits, before executing these tactically to unblock consumer perception barriers and win market share.
The structure comprises a Head of Local Activation and four Senior Marketing Managers to lead the strategic direction and performance of the regions, alongside three Associates who support in developing, executing and measuring fully integrated campaign plans. In addition, the team supports proactive hyperlocal opportunities, to grow orders and sales.
Why the role?
- The Senior Local Marketing Manager will report directly into the Head of Local Activation, and will lead their direct report, to deliver NC/Order targets across the South and Midlands regions.
- They will achieve this by working collaboratively with the Commercial Team to evaluate the commercial needs and opportunities across their regions. They will provide insights, analysis and recommendations, using this output to lead joint business planning.
- They will align senior stakeholders to key initiatives & priorities for the year; before translating into an annual marketing plan. This will include leading cross-functional teams to develop and execute fully integrated TTL campaigns; identifying which marketing levers need to be pulled (eg. Awareness, Conversion, Daypart Sales), selecting the most effective channel mix and delivering standout creative & messaging, that delivers against their insight-led brief.
- They will proactively develop business tracking tools, provide regular channel updates and strategic reviews. They will improve our ability to react to tactical opportunities, by supporting the development of the Local Activation Portal (evolving this into a one-stop-shop for reactive hyperlocal campaign execution). They will take ownership of the portal, ensuring that additional bespoke campaigns and toolkits are developed and added to this.
- They will sit on the South & Midlands leadership team and oversee the budget, ensuring that we are delivering plans within budget and reporting on payback. In addition, they will present learnings across the wider business, helping to demonstrate the positive CPIO/CPIA of hyperlocal activity whilst elevating the team profile.
- They will be well versed in developing effective and credible relationships with internal and external stakeholders. They will prioritise the coaching and development of their direct report.
- 5+ years experience marketing or agency experience executing TTL marketing campaigns. At least 2yrs in a senior position.
- You’re both analytical & commercial and you enjoy interpreting data to develop insight/consumer-led marketing strategy. You can then translate this into strategic and creative campaigns.
- You have extensive channel knowledge across multi-channel, earned and own channels; confident in creating channel plans to deliver against campaign objectives.
- You can optimise and evaluate campaigns, whilst providing future recommendations.
- You will have experience of bespoking national campaigns, from messaging through to developing regional media campaign layers.
- You’re skilled at planning, organising, prioritising and executing simultaneous projects and activities at once.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and can manage multiple cross-departmental stakeholders; confident communicating at all levels.
- You have a self-starter attitude and you’re able to deliver in a fast-paced matrixed organization with constant change.
- You have a proven track record in making things happen - delivering results quickly and efficiently.
- Experience within growth marketing in a startup environment is a plus
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to anyone of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing start-up’s around.