Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
About the team
Our Account Management (AM) team owns and manages our restaurant relationships. As Deliveroo continues to scale, we become a major revenue channel for restaurants - aside from providing best-in-class support, we are restaurant consultants that use data-driven insight and industry knowledge to help our partner restaurants’ grow. The Account Managers are a passionate, dynamic group of team players that collaborate together and cross functionally with other departments... and of course, they’re fun, personable, and great at building relationships!
This role requires a commercial driven and outgoing individual that can build solid relationships with all types of personalities in the F&B industry. It will also require the person to be able to lead, develop, mentor and coach a large team. Ultimately, this person is responsible for maintaining and expanding and solidifying our restaurant relationships.
What you will be doing
- Define and lead our Account Management strategy in Hong Kong
- Manage a team of 5+ key account managers
- Coach, mentor, develop, and motivate the team to perform and meet targets
- You'll use data to drive account management strategy and ensure our relationships are healthy and growing
- You'll own relationships with key restaurant industry stakeholders, with a focus on building relationships and increasing profitability
- You'll manage a large portfolio of restaurants, driving restaurant performance through data analysis and industry knowledge to maximise order volume and growth potential
- You'll coordinate with cross-functional departments to engage support for activities aimed to drive business growth and ensure operational efficiency (Marketing, Operations, Customer Service, Corporate)
- Leverage our restaurants as new customer acquisition channels and Deliveroo brand ambassadors
- Create and execute on new processes that optimize the way our team functions internally
What skills you'll need
- 5+ years managing and developing highly performing teams. You'll focus on building your teams for success, foster a highly collaborative environment and coach members within the team for their growth
- Significant experience in sales, business development or account management
- Comfortable looking at and interpreting data to influence and inform business decisions
- Entrepreneurial spirit - operational willingness to ‘roll sleeves up’
- Ambitious self starter, with drive to make things happen independently and through collaboration
- Highly articulated, a strong communicator influencing stakeholders across levels
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Snacks and drinks provided (although not unlimited, you will never go thirsty or hungry)
- Friday lunches on us from the best local restaurants
- Additional leave days for years of service
- Meal allowance if you are required to work late
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.