We are growing fast as one of the world leading food delivery marketplaces. Our focus is to consistently exceed the expectations of our consumers, our riders and our restaurants - setting world class standards for Care. We are looking for a Director of Customer Care Operations UKI and APAC to help us achieve this goal.
In this role, you will lead the Care Operations function of our English- and Cantonese- speaking hubs as a member of the Care Operations Core Leadership Team, reporting directly to our Vice President for Customer Experience and Care.
This role requires regular travel to our in-h ouse and outsourced markets and the ability to work in London and cover meetings in APAC timezones.
What you’ll be doing
This role is accountable for the end to end quality and performance of our Customer Care (all live order support for our consumers, riders and restaurants) and non-live Restaurant Operations for the UK, Ireland, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong. This includes overseeing an extended support operation of c.1.5K agents and growing, working out of 5 centres in the UK and APAC.
This role also oversees the global and executive escalations and social media delivery teams supporting our global operations.
- Develop our customer service value proposition and execute to market leading customer experience standards
- Manage service costs and budgets for our respective markets
- Identify and prioritise performance gaps with partners and stakeholders
- Develop and execute performance improvement strategies for local market support
- Be a key strategic voice in helping grow Deliveroo in the respective markets, supporting the local GMs as part of their leadership teams
- Manage the relationship and performance of our outsourced partner(s), identify areas for improvement and put in place plans to achieve identified opportunities
- Manage operational escalations from local outsourced partner(s) to appropriate Deliveroo team, and ensure all issues are fixed as quickly as possible.
- Lead the design and execution of sourcing strategy for new outsourced vendor(s) and in-house markets (e.g. change in target operating model, identification of new local outsourced partners, management of the RFP, contract renegotiation, participation in the selection process, etc.).
- Relentlessly drive change - surfacing issues across Care, generating hypotheses, and driving improvements
- Inform planning and target setting and help develop the broader vision for Care (not just in Operations, but across e.g. Policy, Automation, Forecast and Planning and Performance)
- Oversee deep dives in markets and lead communications with Executive and stakeholders on issues (e.g. outages in market, performance gaps, strategic initiatives)
- Manage and improve our internal escalations processes and continuous improvement feedback loops, and work with our team Social to define and improve our social media response globally
- Own and deliver on internal employee engagement priorities (as measured by our monthly employee eNPS surveys and vendor eNPS surveys) and coach and develop next generation of leaders within Care Operations
- At least 5 years experience in a senior customer service / operations management role or senior advisory role (e.g. consulting)
- Experience managing large scale business relationships (working in/with BPOs a plus)
- Leading by example with experience empowering a team to execute under pressure and tight deadlines and coaching and people development
- Prior professional experience in strategy, running large-scale transformations / operations, process engineering / optimisation, vendor management, organisation and change/program/project management
- High Emotional IQ to expertly manage leadership and key stakeholder relationships with vendor(s) and in-country leaders (this is a very high exposure role across Deliveroo’s senior leadership)
- Strong planning and organisational skills; attention to and ownership of the detail
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Ability to drive to resolution quickly, high responsiveness, and comfortable with flexible working demands with a fast-paced operation
- Planning and experience working closely within a team to deliver results e.g. product and technology partners to deliver great end-to-end outcomes for customers
Preferred, but not required:
- Experience with Agile delivery methods
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.