Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
About the role
The ‘Commercial Partnerships Manager - Asia’ is a pivotal role for Deliveroo. The desired candidate has relentless commercial drive, will be a great stakeholder manager, be a highly capable account manager, and is confident and comfortable presenting and communicating with senior stakeholders both internally and externally. He/ She will have end to end ownership of the development of commercial relationships with FMCG brands/ partners and sell digital advertising on the Deliveroo platform, data licenses, and sampling solutions through our Editions network.
What you'll be doing?
- Deliver on quarterly and annual revenue targets based on full ownership of regional sales plan
- Build and maintain revenue opportunity pipeline that generates targeted revenue outcome
- Maximize share of wallet with FMCG advertisers
- Structure long term commercial agreements that contribute to revenue targets, are operationally feasible, and are profitable
- End to end ownership of the development (depth & breadth) of the commercial relationship
- Develop external thought leadership that supports awareness of the Commercial Partnerships proposition and new opportunity generation
- Generate market insights for product and services organization with a recurring and structured method
- 5 years in market individual contributor sales experience
- Significant experience in sales, business development or account management, sales or account management experience in digital media or directly managing 3rd party sales is a plus
- Analytical, attention to detail, and rigorous with reference to hygiene factors like accuracy of deal pipeline and pristine client content (e.g. proposals, order confirmations, briefings and debriefings)
- Entrepreneurial spirit - operational willingness to ‘roll sleeves up’ and build commercial process and tools from scratch
- Ambitious self starter, with drive to make things happen independently and through collaboration.
- Creative negotiation skills & experience in cross team stakeholder management.
- Strong problem-solving skills; effectively resolving issues that involve people and processes by using logic and common sense.
- Fluency in Chinese & High level of English verbal and written communication skills
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Snacks and drinks provided (although not unlimited, you will never go thirsty or hungry)
- Work with people who LOVE what they do
- Meal allowance if you are required to work late
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.