The U.K. & Ireland are our domestic and most mature markets. Functions include commercial, operations and marketing, and teams in the UK&I partner closely with global functions such a product, technology and consumer to deliver results for our customers.
Core London is where we launched the company 8 years ago - this is Deliveroo heartland. The region loosely spans from Ealing in the west to Canary Wharf in the east, and from Brixton in the south to Hampstead in the north. Within this region there is a thriving and diverse restaurant scene with some of the most exciting brands that we work with globally.
As a Programme Manager in Core London you will own the design and execution of regional strategic initiatives. This region is Deliveroo’s most mature market globally and while we have established a strong position it remains hyper-competitive. As Programme Manager you will work closely with the Regional Director on ensuring that we continue to defend our position, and continue to grow in this market. You will be responsible for identifying areas to improve our customer value proposition on a hyperlocal level, building plans and then executing on these plans to achieve these improvements. The Programme Manager in Core London will create the playbook for how to thrive and grow in a mature but competitive Deliveroo market.
What you’ll be doing
- Taking the lead on the design and execution of initiatives to build on our strong market position in central London, defining our goals and working cross-functionally to achieve them
- Working closely with the Regional Director and being a key member of the regional leadership team
- Leading across a number of different projects simultaneously, being able to prioritise effectively to drive optimal results
- Managing stakeholders effectively to build consensus and momentum around regional initiatives, building effective relationships across both local and central teams
- Identifying and developing scalable frameworks and methodologies around initiatives
The Programme Manager role is well suited to a candidate who has the ability to create thoughtful and robust plans, and who can also then execute on these plans and drive results.
- Experience working closely with senior leadership, working in a leadership role in a fast-paced business environment or in a management consultancy.
- Strong business acumen with ability to simplify complex problems
- Self-starter, hard worker and well organised
- Effective relationship-building and communication skills at all levels
- Ambitious, entrepreneurial, pragmatic and commercial mindset, comfortable with ambiguity
- Able to lead on cross-functional projects without authority
- Helpful: relevant domain expertise, for example growth startups, online marketplaces or hyperlocal businesses.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.