The U.K. & Ireland are our domestic and most mature markets. Functions include commercial, operations and marketing, and teams in the UK&I partner closely with global functions such a product, technology and consumer to deliver results for our customers.
The National Accounts team are responsible for the relationships with our largest and most strategic restaurant partners in the UK and ensuring that they continue to grow and operate efficiently on the platform. These National restaurant chains are made up of hundreds000s of sites spread across the UKI and include some of the nation’s favourite brands.
As a Client Partner in the National Accounts team, you will be responsible for our key strategic national restaurant relationships. You will run a team of account managers who will manage the majority of accounts, and you will also have a small portfolio of high value partners. One of the questions you will be looking to answer is how do we keep developing in order to continue to apply best practices across a portfolio that is united by being top performers, but is quite divergent in terms of structure, scale and priorities.
What you’ll be doing
- Creating a commercial value proposition for your portfolio of restaurants, identifying opportunities to deepen, expand and grow in a way that is mutually beneficial
- Setting clear roles and responsibilities within your team of account managers, aligned to your joint business and commercial value proposition plans
- Managing and motivating your team of Account Managers, helping them to grow personally and professionally, unblocking barriers to growth and creating new processes and ways of working
- Creating joint business plans with the restaurant partners, identifying key business challenges, defining mutual goals and finding compelling ways to solve them
- Owning the contract negotiation and renewal process with your restaurant groups, leading discussions with relevant internal teams where necessary to agree favourable terms
- Working closely with the leaders of other key functions such as the Head of Restaurant Marketing, Head of Operations or Product and Regional Growth Managers to define and implement best in class solutions that deliver value for all stakeholders
- Tracking and reporting progress against your personal and team goals and your contribution towards the National Accounts Team goals to the National Director and UKI Leadership team
- Growing and exceeding customer satisfaction, restaurant health and Deliveroo output metrics for your portfolio of restaurants
- Becoming a trusted advisor to your key restaurant stakeholders, delivering core business performance whilst providing strategic insights, opinions and guidance about Deliveroo, restaurant competitors and the industry as a whole
The role requires a strategic mindset, strong analytical skills and management experience with a track record of exceeding financial targets as well as:
- 8+ years experience working in client facing, partner or vendor management roles ideally
- Experience managing medium-sized, strategic account management or partnership teams
- Comfortable handling negotiations with business owners or C-level executives
- Strong commercial acumen with ability to simplify complex problems
- Financial fluency and strong understanding of P&Ls with experience making tough decisions based on multiple inputs
- Effective relationship-building, stakeholder management and communication skills at all levels
- A high-energy change agent, with entrepreneurialism and comfort with business development, able to take this team to the next level
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around