The Director of Rider Lifecycle oversees all elements of the rider journey from potential applicant to tenured rider (and beyond). Developments in this area are fundamental to our ambition to become the definitive food company and touch everything from how efficiently we run our network through to how visible our brand is on the streets.
In this role you’ll be answering questions where the right answer can lead to instant and sizable impact. The scope of this role includes some areas that are relatively well defined and understood and others where, in truth, we’re only really beginning to get to the bottom of what we should be doing. Some problems will have “silver bullet” solutions but increasingly the way we run our operation relies on incremental, iterative gains that drive towards a desired end state. Getting it right in this department can and does have a marked impact on the company’s overall ability to hit its goals.
You’ll be leading a multi-disciplinary and dynamic team and will sit in the Global Operations function in HQ. report to the Director of Global Delivery Operations.
What you and your team will be doing:
- Own the rider lifecycle end to end, from acquiring applicants to reactivating dormant riders
- Working with Data Science and local market teams to work out exactly how many riders we need in every area in which we operate
- Working with each of our 12 markets to execute a plan to onboard those riders with particular focus on the ramp-ups to our busiest times of year.
- Finding ways to drive down the cost of acquiring applicants and converting them into riders
- Designing plans and initiatives to increase the lifetime value of each rider we onboard
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Marketing, Procurement, Legal, Policy, and other functions to ensure we can deliver to our plan within Operations and the wider company
- Defining best practice in areas of the rider lifecycle and supporting local markets in rolling out
- Own a sizeable rider marketing and onboarding budget and the responsibility to find efficiencies over time
- Own our rider kit strategy and increase its use and visibility while bringing down the cost of doing so
The candidate will have a proven track record of delivering in operational roles and will be constantly data-led in their approach. They will have experience of consumer acquisition challenges and how to use marketing channels to deliver business results as well as these core competencies:
- Story-teller - communicates complex issues in a digestible way both internally (to our teams) and externally (to riders)
- Leader - this person will be instrumental in supporting the running of the overall Global Ops team alongside their own area. Experience building and leading a team is vital.
- Collaborator - works effectively cross-functionally across teams in HQ (Product, Finance, Marketing, Legal, DS) and local markets (GMs and Ops teams)
- Customer-centric - puts the customer (the rider) at the heart of solution design
- Strategic, yet pragmatic – is able to ‘think big’ and to ensure changes are ambitious but achievable
- An innovator - someone who finds problems and is infectiously curious and both willing and able to innovate away from the status-quo
- Logical, structured and data-driven - uses logic and data to prioritise and drive change
- A great manager – cares about team-members’ development and will invest heavily in this
- Adaptable with a “can-do attitude” - is positive and proactive, and energised by working in a fast-paced environment characterised by constant change