When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
What you’ll be doing:
You’re obsessed with data, patterns & problem solving - Deliveroo is constantly evolving and your role is to identify the trends that make Deliveroo stand out in a competitive market. You relish working in a fast paced environment & are confident using first principles thinking to solve a wide range of data related problems, developing novel solutions based on what you see. You’ll have a good grounding in numbers and be able to use both quantitative and qualitative analysis to make decisions and build processes.
- Working with the Operations Strategy Lead to support a wide variety of data analysis. This will include projects across operations, delivery network, marketing, CRM, fraud prevention and internal data training.
- Understanding, interpreting and presenting trends across the delivery network
- Using data to identify high value opportunities and improve resource allocation
- Identifying customer trends alongside our CRM team to optimise outbound communications
- Working with senior managers both locally and globally to identify and reduce fraudulent transactions
- Developing models and strategies to ensure internal stakeholders are receiving timely, high-signal information that can be translated into actionable outcomes
- Creating and presenting business reports for senior stakeholders
- Support the business in data training, including using our internal data platform Looker (training provided)
Put simply, your mission is to ensure we are making the most of our data in order to become the best food delivery platform for our customers, restaurants, and riders.
Skills you'll need:
This is an ideal role for a recent graduate or someone with recent analytical experience in a commercial environment.
- You'll be proactive and agile. We move fast at Deliveroo and you’ll be comfortable in this environment - the busiest time for food delivery isn't 9-5, Monday to Friday.
- Analytical with a passion for detail and a keen eye for practical solutions to problems
- Ready to think outside the box - the problems we face on a day to day basis are varied
- Willingness to learn new concepts and ideas on the fly
- You'll be comfortable working in Excel and / or Google Sheets
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Additional leave days for years of service
- Volunteering leave to support a charity of your choice
- Health & Wellbeing
- Free access to HeadSpace
- ClassPass corporate discount
- LinkedIn Learning Access
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
- Amazing HQ offices located in Melbourne CBD
- Excellent kit to enable working from home and a parent-friendly working culture
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity benefits
- Quarterly celebrations with the wider team, end of year parties & regular social events
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.
Apply now to continue the conversation.