Why Deliveroo ?
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it. We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Delivery-only kitchens have never been higher profile, or more valuable for improving service and selection for customers. And the future is even more exciting: bigger brands are joining us, we are expanding locations and markets, and finding new ways to add value and reshape the food delivery landscape.Deliveroo Editions were the world’s first delivery-only kitchens, and we are still the market leaders in helping our restaurant partners succeed.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated leader for our EU markets. As Head of Editions EU - Site Operations, you will be leading site teams in France, Netherlands and Spain in delivering operational excellence by engaging directly with all 3 x sides of our marketplace. You will be confident in building the teams and processes to match our expansion plan and will be able to form effective working relationships across multiple functions as well as within different Editions markets.
What you’ll be doing
The Head of Editions EU - Site Operations, will be responsible for:
- Overall responsibility for the operational performance of the Editions sites including customer metrics, health and safety compliance and key cost line management.
- Building high performing teams to reinforce core values and facilitate location growth in line with target expectations.
- Maintain reporting requirements in line with the overall site operations org as well as within local market requirements.
- Work across functions to input into new site opening sign off processes and ensure new site readiness for successful launch
- Maintain productive ‘operator to operator’ relationships with restaurant partners and to support the onboarding and account management process
- Providing regional leadership across all EU markets and ensuring that as a business we are properly resourced to achieve our goals within agreed budgets.
- Having input to, and working across functions within the country teams to support overall business aims.
- A high calibre food professional with demonstrable experience in multi-site branded operations and full P&L responsibility
- Strong organisational, leadership and administrative skills
- International experience, or distance management with franchising or concession background a bonus
- Able to evidence strong communication and influencing skills with experience in managing internal and external relationships at all levels
- Strong operational and compliance disciplines with the ability to flex approach according to market and think creatively to overcome challenges
- Delivery platform experience a benefit but not essential
- Willingness to travel overseas
- Fluency in English & French required, fluency in Spanish is a plus
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation. We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.