Billing and Payment Processing Manager
Finance operations at Deliveroo is responsible for all aspects of accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control , employee expenses and reconciliations, with the customer being at the centre of everything we do and we aim to provide exceptional service.
You will be responsible for the management of a team of 7, looking after all commercial billings for Deliveroo across 12 subsidiaries, in addition to managing our vendor payments process and bank reconciliations. This is an exciting and varied role with ample business exposure.
What you’ll be doing
- Overseeing the commercial billing process for all customers, ensuring all invoices are raised and sent to customers in accordance with the agreed and published SLAs
- Internal and external customer engagement
- Monitoring the ongoing efficiency of, and recommending process and system improvements across Sales ledger, payments and reconciliations
- Manage and oversee the AP payment process working closely with the AP Manager, Payment team and Reconciliations team to ensure all transactions are correctly recorded, minimising any reconciling items on the bank recs.
- Manage the Finops Reconciliations team and oversee the PCA and Bulk RPA approval process.
- Ensure all bank reconciliations are completed in accordance with the agreed and published SLAs
- Coordinate month end processes including all multi currency bank rec’s customer updates and accurate billing
- Identifying and implementing process improvements across the entire functional area of responsibility.
- Mentoring/motivating the team whilst driving performance and performance management
- Active participation in the weekly Finops Leadership meetings driving departmental efficiency and visibility of the entire Finops function across the wider business.
- Developing reporting and KPIs to track and improve performance across all functional roles within the team, as well as to deliver key information to other internal customers of the Order to Cash process
- Minimum 5 years management experience in Accounts receivable
- Exposure to multiple disciplines within Finance operations
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally and building consensus among multiple stakeholders in an entrepreneurial, high-expectation environment.
- Resourceful, action and detail-oriented, with a high ownership mindset to deliver measurable impact.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.