When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 8years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 8 years and we operate in 12 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
About the Role:
The Deliveroo Enterprise Technology team conceives, designs, builds and sustains the IT services powering Deliveroo’s internal teams globally, as we transform the way customers eat. We continually drive service improvements and love to automate everything we can on our journey towards excellence.
As a Programme Manager, you will be responsible for establishing and managing varied IT projects across numerous technologies and driving positive change for the whole function.
Your expert knowledge of modern, pragmatic project management practices including Agile methods will help our teams bring exciting technology to life. Your enthusiasm, technical & business depth, and communication skills will influence stakeholders to drive further customer success.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Lead technical projects and initiatives from end-to-end working collaboratively to deliver value early and often.
- Be an advocate for Agile principles and practices so that they can be applied throughout the project lifecycle
- Understand the strategic vision of Enterprise Engineering in order to proactively track and resolve business critical tasks
- Effectively measure the success of projects and offer constructive feedback to all stakeholders
- Build collaborative relationships with all stakeholders and team members in order to successfully manage project lifecycles
- Ensure projects are scoped, approved, scheduled and undertaken in a structured and controlled manner
- Deliver key business benefits based on time critical milestones and prioritisation techniques
- Successful experience of implementing technology change and processes from scratch with the ability to delve into detail when required.
- Business success with Agile approaches, e.g Kanban, Portfolio Walls, MVP, fast feedback
- A methodical and logical approach to problem solving with a sense of ownership
- Excellent ability to write and present project proposals and reports backed with analysed and visualised data
- Driven, self-starter without requiring close supervision, collaborative, comfortable adapting to change and learning quickly in a dynamic organisation.
- Confident in effective stakeholder management, dealing with multiple stakeholders at varied levels of the organisation – subject matter experts, functional leads, departmental heads.
- Skilled in requirements management, project scoping, forecasting and planning, risk and issue management, resource management and change control
We’re also interested in…
- Experience of influence and partnership, both with and without direct authority over people
- Hands-on, “roll up your sleeves” mindset, with a strong personality and ability to be a driver and change agent in an organisation
- Experience of successfully working with Service and Product Owners in a technology business.
- Exposure to any of the following technologies
- ZenDesk / ServiceNow / Workday / Looker
- Enterprise End User Computing including Jamf/InTune
- Google Workspace (G Suite) / Atlassian tools / Git
- IT Service Management knowledge
- Relevant higher education and professional certifications