Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
Our journey began with our founder Will, arriving in London and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite living in one of the world’s best cities for food. In 2013 he got on his bike and founded Deliveroo.
Fast forward to today and Deliveroo can be found in 12 markets, with over 100,000 riders delivering orders from over 140,000 restaurants and stores serving millions of customers in hundreds of cities worldwide.
Delivering great food from restaurants is how we started, but isn’t our only offering. We pioneered the delivery-only kitchen model, Deliveroo Editions, where we use data to identify gaps in the market and bring new brands and cuisines to new areas, giving people more choice in their local neighbourhood. And using our network and technology we provide a growing on-demand grocery service, which has not only brought incredible levels of convenience to our customers but has been a lifeline to so many during COVID.
We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces, and we do this in real-time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds, and the algorithms behind our marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
There are so many questions we are working on and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do we give low income families access to affordable healthy meals? How do we tackle waste? How can we scale our network to tens of millions of orders a day? What does a future layout of a restaurant look like? How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we take what we know about a customer and offer a personalised selection?
At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
The size of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. Only 3% of the global food market is online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of other industries, such as from travel (45%) and retail (10%), and it is clear we are at the very beginning of our journey. Despite being one of the world’s fastest growing multi-billion dollar companies, we’re only just getting started.
We hope you’re as excited about the scale of the opportunity as we are and, if you share our ambition, that you’ll join us and be part of this incredible story.
We’re looking for a marketer in the Deliveroo Italy marketing team, that will report to the Head of Marketing in Italy, to lead and execute local marketing activities & strategies with our restaurant partners, to project and implement promotional strategies and calendar, to build bespoke and long-term co-branded partnerships.
This role will work closely with the rest of local and global marketing teams, our commercial and business development teams to define priorities and execute best-in-class strategies and campaigns that deliver against our business goals.
A successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial brand-builder. S/He will have a passion for all things marketing and trade marketing related, promotional mechanics and campaigns and have a natural ability to think strategically to solve business problems.
S/he will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big, while paying careful attention to details.
To make us the most known and relevant food delivery service in Italy, the role will be responsible for:
- Driving our restaurant marketing strategy and building ad-hoc plans for key partners according to business and commercial priorities
- Building an effective and clear promotional calendar to drive our growth in the country by using the local market budget resources
- Ensuring all our campaigns and promotions deliver against our objectives and effectively partner with teams across the business, both locally and centrally, including commercial and account management teams, content, CRM, digital, PR and brand social to develop the optimal strategies and plans to drive consideration and intention to order
- Building partnership among different channels by leveraging relevant moments/topics and restaurants
- Planning, budgeting and tracking all the activities, in order to direct report results to Head of Marketing and HQ marketing Team
- Measurement & effectiveness - working with the BI team, Insights and other relevant stakeholders to drive our test & learn approach to better understand the impact of our activities and drive continual improvements
- 4/5 years experience in marketing or trade marketing departments or agencies running successful insights-led marketing campaigns and promotions, with proven ability to manage large-scale promotional and marketing budgets
- Highly skilled in English language, both written and spoken. You will work in an international environment, all our calls and presentations need to be in English
- Detail oriented executor. You're skilled at planning, organising, prioritising and executing simultaneous projects and activities at once. You can prioritise high impact activities and keep complicated projects moving forward.
- A self-starter attitude that’s comfortable with constant change and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven track record in making things happen - delivering results quickly and efficiently.
- A creative problem solver who can think things through analytically.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, full of great ideas and able to get stuff done autonomously.
- Great communication skills with a passion for building strong relationships, with proven experience to manage agencies & in-house teams.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare.
We offer to all our employees:
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Gym and other allowances to counteract all the amazing food!
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.