What You'll Be Doing
Deliveroo is looking to offer a 6 month, paid internship focused on supporting our Public Affairs engagement at a local level across the UK. The position would be ideally suited to a recent graduate or someone interested in gaining a deeper understanding of how a business like Deliveroo engages at a local level in areas in which we operate.
As part of the internship you will assist with:
- Contacting local MPs, Councillors, members of the public and local groups about Deliveroo’s work in different parts of the UK.
- Drafting reactive and proactive correspondence on issues affecting Deliveroo, our riders and restaurant partners.
- Monitoring National and Local Government policy issues that may affect Deliveroo.
- Developing relationships with teams within Deliveroo on public-facing initiatives.
Throughout the internship you will develop skills valuable to future roles in Public Affairs and similar positions, as well as insight into the operations of a fast-moving, innovative UK tech firm and the challenges such businesses face.
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for Deliveroo and our work, as well as an understanding of the way we work with restaurants, riders and customers.
- A strong understanding of the UK political environment, including the role of Devolved Administrations and Local Government.
- Is highly detail-orientated, with the ability to identify and assess the potential significance of often technical proposals by Government at national and local level on the company.
- Displays a strong ability in both written and verbal communications.
- Has a proactive attitude and a desire to learn about and help make decisions right across the business.
- A desire to work in a close-knit team and across multiple teams in a growing organisation.
We are advertising this role as full time, but we are open to discussions with those wishing for a part time opportunity in order to fit around other commitments, such as education.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.