Product Management at Deliveroo takes many forms, and involves many facets. We’re a consumer-facing brand, with websites and mobile apps which help customers find great quality food which can be brought to them to satisfy their needs any time day or night. We’re a logistics company, directing a fleet of drivers around major cities across the globe using a dedicated native app. We’re a partner to restaurants, who see us as a way to unlock access to new customers and thus maximize the revenue of their existing business, and who interact with us in several ways. And we’re a home for numerous internal teams building internally facing tools for customer service, finance, and others, to keep the operation afloat.
Life as a product manager can mean working on any or all of these areas, in order to deliver value to customers, drivers, and restaurants. Day to day, you’ll tackle new challenges, and find innovative, creative ways to apply yourself to the problems at hand. We’re seeking brilliant and motivated Product Managers to help us keep moving things forward.
We're looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our Restaurants group within the Sales Technology team. You will work closely with product, engineering, legal & compliance, procurement, finance, data science, and our operations teams to drive adoption of utilisation of our core Sales Technology stack. The role is global and will involve working with both central and local stakeholders across our 11 markets. As a Senior Product Manager you will have:
- Product sense that enables us to prioritise high impact changes for commercial teams
- Deep critical thinking to ask the right questions and scope hypotheses to solve complex problems
- Embraces long-term ownership of initiatives from inception through to delivery
- Uncovers dependencies and orchestrates the right resources to enable the team
- Expert in the relevant technical and operational concepts that are relevant to their team or group
- Understands how the needs of the team varies throughout the product life cycle, adapts approaches accordingly. Establishes processes to make the team faster and more effective.
- Leadership & Communication- Plays an active role in building trust and resolving conflict that impacts their team and functions
What You’ll Be Doing
As a Senior Product Manager, you’ll secure insights and deeply understand our restaurant partners and business users needs with particular emphasis on acquiring and on-boarding B2B partners such as Restaurants.
- You will be comfortable working cross functionally with operational teams and have solid commercial experience and understanding
- Understand how Objectives Key Results are used to drive teams towards common goals and high-impact outcomes
- You will have a deep understanding of onboarding & be knowledgeable about Salesforce.com
- You will be expected to write effective user stories to help drive engineering execution within your squad
- Be comfortable leading a global workstream including managing a priortised backlog, managing stakeholder expectations and delivering on-time within budget
- Develop a clear project plan and being clear on who is responsible for actions
- Create clear communications to ensure operations fully understand our product changes and can easily realise the full value of them
- Collaborate with the wider organisation to ensure that our understanding of audience needs are met
- Embed within the Tech Org and Product team environment to represent the voice of restaurants commercially in technical conversations, and represent tech org needs and context outward to the business.
- Effectively influence a Product team’s priorities and roadmap using qualitative and quantitative feedback loops, to ensure a product is built for the right target audiences Requirements
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Benefits And Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.