RIDER TRUST & SAFETY LEAD
At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
Reporting into the Head of Rider Services, the Rider Trust & Safety Lead is responsible for leading the Rider Trust & Safety team. This team takes the lead globally on creating policies and processes to prevent abuse and support rider safety concerns and escalations.
The Rider Trust & Safety Lead works to ensure riders are safe and supported whilst working for Deliveroo, and that their access to work is protected.
You will work closely with multiple stakeholders across the business and markets including Commercial, Customer Care, Legal, Comms and Policy, Product and Rider Support. You will ensure the order journey is protected from disruptive rider behaviours and ensure we have the right policies and processes in place to combat fraud and abuse in a scalable way while protecting our riders’ safety and access to work and the customer experience
What you’ll be doing
Process and Project Management Responsibilities:
- Rider Support & Safety:
- Be the primary point of contact for high-level rider escalations and investigations
- Help develop global policies and procedures and improve tooling and automations
- Ensure that the team follows company policies and procedures in responding to requests from riders, customers, restaurants, members of public or public authorities
- Identify, quantify, and prioritise improvement opportunities across product, business, and support teams to tackle trust and safety concerns
- Fraud and abuse prevention:
- Be a subject matter expert and drive fraud detection in Delivery Operations
- Developing metrics for measuring and understanding the team’s effectiveness at combating fraud
- Responsible for setting up processes to identify new fraudulent or abusive behaviours that ultimately impact the customer experience or are in breach of the Rider Supplier Agreement
- Creating the policies and sweeps that address these behaviours, while maintaining and improving existing ones.
- Work closely with legal and comms to ensure new policies are in line with business guidelines and protect riders access to work
- Present business cases to senior management on the impact of new rider policies on the network efficiency and customer experience
- Advocate changes to product and engineering groups
People Management Responsibilities:
- 2 direct reports, approx. 12 indirect reports
- Managing the team, coaching them and developing their skills and enabling their personal development. Ensuring their workload is manageable and that high standards are always met
- Overseeing the performance of the team and working closely with the Performance Team and Operational Excellence team to identify and act on areas of improvement
- Setting quarterly KPIs for the team that are in line with the department goals
- Creating, analysing and sharing team reporting with relevant stakeholders
- Being the point of contact for the business on the day-to-day running of your team
- Ensuring compliance to procedures and process between the team and relevant stakeholders
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement within the team, driving cross functional projects that have an impact on how we support riders across different markets
- Ability to think strategically and lead
- Strong communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Highly organised
- Data driven
- Happy working in a fast-paced environment and can easily adapt to change
- Driven to ensure that the department is providing riders with world class support
- English proficiency
- You have a university degree or equivalent experience
- You have experience managing a team
- You have experience in operations, consulting or customer services environment
- You have some knowledge on Zendesk, Looker and/or SQL
- You are fluent in an additional European language (french, dutch, spanish or italian).
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.