The Director of Sales Operations is a newly created role which is responsible for driving Deliveroo’s commercial efficiency & effectiveness across the globe by partnering with the commercial teams within our 12 markets to foster a culture of continuous improvement and high performance through training, technology, processes, planning and incentives.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop a deep understanding of our commercial teams’ needs, including capturing feedback from local markets to develop a clear commercial prioritisation for our sales tech teams and other internal stakeholders including also the support of marketing tech
- Develop data and insights to identify opportunities for improvement of commercial team performance and food merchant satisfaction
- Develop and maintain analytics reports and dashboards to provide actionable insights that support data-driven decision-making for the commercial teams
- Support day-to-day inquiries from the commercial teams, providing prompt and efficient resolutions
- Own the data cleaning techniques and governance to improve the quality and accuracy of contacts, accounts, and opportunities database in Salesforce.com and compliance to CRM data maintenance
- Work with local teams to ensure adoption of playbooks and commercial tools, and track performance versus objectives
- Manage the lead generation process providing data and processes to ensure sales teams direct their efforts in the most efficient way
- Make recommendations for evolving commercial roles, coverage models, or team structure in order to maximise productivity and food merchant satisfaction
- Oversee and prioritise the commercial training plan focused on developing and reinforcing critical competencies
- Work with the markets to define commercial teams’ objectives and commission plans that appropriately reflect the company's business goal and financial objectives
- Ensure high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting approaches used by the commercial teams to drive commercial performance
- Can build “stuff” - Solid track record of identifying, scoping and delivering customer centric solutions with a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving. Knows what great looks like and builds to scale so that solutions will be relevant for a multiple of the current size of the business
- Autonomy with a strong analytical approach — exceptional ability to join quantitative and qualitative approaches to frame and synthesise complex business problems into clear, concise and easy-to-understand solutions
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with an eye for detail and a passion for presenting data and information in clear, compelling ways to communicate concepts and desired outcomes. Ability to influence multiple stakeholders internally as well as externally
- A deeply curious and avid growth mindset, constantly looking for ways to improve and creatively solve problems - both the big strategic things, as well as the smaller quick wins
- 12+ years experience leading Sales Operations in fast moving, high growth, global B2B settings
- Ambitious, entrepreneurial, pragmatic, commercial, highly analytical, clear communicator, comfortable with ambiguity
- Excel at solving unstructured problems
- Able to lead cross-functional teams without authority
- Evidence of strong analytical skills
- Successful track record operating, partnering with and influencing stakeholders including at the executive level
- Experience building, developing and managing high-performing teams
- Strong knowledge of the restaurant industry or in any customer-obsessed business is a plus
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.