Product Management at Deliveroo takes many forms, and involves many facets. We’re a consumer-facing brand, with websites and mobile apps which help customers find great quality food which can be brought to them to satisfy their needs any time day or night. We’re a logistics company, directing a fleet of drivers around major cities across the globe using a dedicated native app. We’re a partner to restaurants, who see us as a way to unlock access to new customers and thus maximize the revenue of their existing business, and who interact with us in several ways. And we’re a home for numerous internal teams building internally facing tools for customer service, finance, and others, to keep the operation afloat.
Life as a product manager can mean working on any or all of these areas, in order to deliver value to customers, drivers, and restaurants. Day to day, you’ll tackle new challenges, and find innovative, creative ways to apply yourself to the problems at hand. We’re seeking brilliant and motivated Product Managers to help us keep moving things forward.
The Team and the Role
The Financial Integrity team keeps Deliveroo’s delivery of financial information accurate. Our remit throughout the organisation is to ensure that we’re able to report our financial information accurately and that this information is consistent with that shared with our consumers, riders and restaurant partners - continuing to do this effectively as we scale. We work cross-functionally on new products and features, with new and existing restaurant partners and our internal finance stakeholders to ensure we collect money, distribute funds and report our results accurately.
The successful candidate will support the delivery, vision and strategy for Financial Integrity at Deliveroo by acting as one of the product owners for the Financial Integrity engineering team.
- A strong understanding of product life-cycle and working collaboratively with engineering teams to establish solutions to complex problems;
- Operate as part of an agile software delivery team, helping define and deliver features in sprints;
- Able to get to the bottom of things - detail-oriented with the ability to translate business requirements into actionable work items that can be delivered by engineering teams;
- Demonstrable ability to deliver, through experience or formal training, at least one of each of the following groups:
- Accounting & Finance;
- Financial Reporting;
- Risk Management;
- Process design and excellence;
- Track record of working cross-functionally to understand and align teams to establish requirements, needs, and delivering solutions/capability;
- Strong knowledge of taking a delivered capability to an operationally ready and enabled-product with the appropriate supporting process;
- Establish, refine and own metrics that allow us to measure the success of our vision - identifying and prioritising investments in improving these metrics;
- Work closely with product and engineering lead to balance our investment to deliver on the needs of our stakeholders and mitigate risk within the organisation
- Desirable - Experience articulating and communicating an agile delivery plan with stakeholders used to timebound/traditional delivery methodologies
Examples of projects that this role would own:
- Fully integrating our rider costs - working cross-functionally to understand the current solutions used to manage our rider cost and associated reporting. Establishing associated risks, then working cross-functionally to agree upon an appropriate solution that mitigates risk and can be embedded into our environment;
- Deliveroo for Business; helping to streamline and fully integrate this successful and interesting part of our product portfolio - such that operationally and financial solutions are both accurate and efficient.
- Developing sophisticated alerting and anomaly detection to ensure that we have robust tooling and controls to ensure that we pay our Restaurant Partners fairly, whilst protecting Deliveroo revenues.
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Benefits And Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.