When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome, right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 11 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started...
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Deliveroo’s Global Creative Studio is looking for a Mid-weight Digital Motion Designer to join our Global Creative Studio team. You have experience concepting and creating beautiful, engaging and relevant work across all social and digital marketing channels. The ideal candidate is not only someone who is strong visually on design and motion, but also immersed in social media trends. You will be part of Deliveroo’s in house Global Creative Studio and should be highly collaborative as well as comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. You will report directly to the Design Director and will work closely and collaboratively with other digital media creatives across the team.
This role may require you to conceptualize innovative ideas and know how to bring them to life. The Studio is made up of multiple teams of creatives, copywriters, designers and artworkers who work across a variety of briefs to shape Deliveroo’s brand and visual identity. You will be working on digital and social briefs from concept to through to production. You will also work with the team on multi channel campaigns and global toolkits, developing the core creative to have full impact on our digital and social channels.
This is a very exciting and unique time to join our Global Creative Studio as we go through a period of growth and as such we are looking for an individual with a solutions focused attitude and drive to get things done. The ideal candidate is an adept problem-solver who will be responsible for keeping track of busy schedules and competing priorities.
- 3+ years of relevant design experience
- Experience working both collaboratively and independently across a variety of briefs
- Have experience working globally or across a variety of markets
- Understand the value of a big idea and what it can do to cut through in a competitive landscape
- Ability to develop, articulate and explain ideas so that others (including stakeholders) understand them and buy into them
- A social media expert, always in the knowledge about the latest platforms and best practise ways of working
- A driven self-starter with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Audience obsessed and the thinking about how people engage with social and digital channels is evident in your work
- An excellent communicator who can confidently articulate ideas to others, from storyboard to final work
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience and knowledge of best practice in digital advertising
- Educated to degree level in Design or equivalent design-related course with a strong portfolio
- Excellent design, layout and typography skills
- Broad proficiency and knowledge of multimedia design
- Proficient in Adobe Design software
- Proficient in After Effects/Premiere
- Experienced in Smartly (Facebook) beneficial but not essential
- You are comfortable with fast-changing organisations and ambiguity - you thrive off the opportunity, and are resilient to change
- People and culture above everything
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.