At Deliveroo, the rider network is at the heart of our mission to build the definitive food company - in this role you will be too.
In this role, you will be challenged with continuing to innovate and advance the way Deliveroo builds and operates its marketplace for riders to ensure the best outcomes for customers, riders and restaurants. The Global Performance and Planning team is responsible for the performance and efficiency of the delivery network across all 12 markets - this includes rider planning, logistics, and incentives. Deliveroo’s on-demand operations are incredibly complex with a lot of moving parts, it will be your job to use your skills in data and analytics to unpick these moving parts and provide strategic solutions to unlocking growth and profit.
Deliveroo operates one of the most complex businesses in the world. Our three-sided marketplace (of consumers, riders and restaurants) operates in real-time, serving millions of consumers hyper-locally in more than 600 towns across 12 countries. The geographical and demographic diversity of our consumers, as well as the competitive dynamics of the market, makes this a fascinating and intellectually challenging role. Operating the network at scale in a high growth environment is no mean feat, as such you will be faced with some of the most exciting problems across the food tech space. You will work closely with restaurant operations, product and business intelligence to drive cross-functional projects across a variety of business areas.
What you’ll be doing
- Strategy and execution – Build analysis and insights to better understand what developments and improvements need to be made to our delivery network in order to deliver the winning customer proposition.
- Operating efficiency and performance - Work closely with the local markets, Data Science and Product to build the reporting and operational processes to ensure sustainable operations that can continue scaling.
- Support local markets on making increasingly data-driven decisions – Provide analytical support to local markets on selected projects and develop frameworks to ensure strategic objectives are met.
- Work with product - Work closely with Product to help define the priority tools and features that need building to ensure we continue to run a lean growth machine.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is an effective communicator - outstanding interpersonal and business skills. Able to quickly establish gravitas and credibility with a range of stakeholders.
- Is inquisitive - infectiously curious, thoughtful and happy to question the status-quo, loves to find problems and then solve them
- knows the basics of managing multiple projects and stakeholders in a structured and logical way.
- Has a track record of delivering results - operational knowledge of the business and how it works today. Know when you have enough insight to make-a-call and apply the 80 / 20 rule – rapid high-quality decisions.
- Is a practical strategic thinker - Able to ‘think big’ as well as execute ‘on-the-fly’ via understanding the dynamics behind the business through your analysis. Can stay one step ahead when thinking about the impact of the changes we are deploying to the delivery network. It’s a plus if you have a background or demonstrated interest in behavioural economics with an ability to utilise learnings from this field to a real world problem.
- Is an adaptable fixer - enthusiastic, flexible & adaptable with the ability to remove barriers & bottlenecks via facilitation, creativity & resourcefulness. Don’t slavishly follow processes if they aren’t right.
- Can build “stuff” - approaches, processes, tools and structured change methodologies.
- Loves data - you are comfortable building analytical models to analyse and understand business cases. SQL and / or Python skills a major plus.
- Experience in a top tier consultancy, investment banking or a fast-growing start up in an operations role or project management role.
- Strong analytical mindset.
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Comfortable with data - working knowledge of data visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, Periscope). SQL a plus.
- Has fun and enjoys working in a collaborative environment.
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.