The newly-created Growth Operations team is at the forefront of ensuring that Deliveroo strengthens its position as a leader in the food delivery market. The central objective of the team is to ensure the smooth running of our delivery operations associated with our high-volume restaurant partners as well as the long tail and expansion markets.
Reporting into the Head of Growth Operations, UK&I, you will be responsible for launching new markets and monitoring their performance following the launch by getting stuck in and solving complex operational problems at a neighbourhood level. You’ll be the key point of contact between the Growth Operations team and the RUK&IE Commercial Expansion team.
You will be solving structural, rider or restaurant operations related issues, making your ability to facilitate the right conversations across multiple stakeholders crucial to the success of the role.
You will be adept at working independently to diagnose, resolve and report on areas of concern or opportunities for improvement; at communicating proficiently with multiple stakeholders; and be able to function as a central point of rider operational excellence.
Central to this role will be the ability to understand problems, test solutions to address them and quickly determine how to scale them.
- Deliveroo’s on-demand operations are complex with a lot of moving parts and many stakeholders. It will be your job to use your skills in data analytics and logical thinking, as well as an inquisitive mindset, to unpick these moving parts and provide strategic solutions to unlock growth and improve.
- Be the go to person for all things Operations for Expansion/ New Launches. You will be the key operational point of contact for the commercial Expansion team, and work extremely closely with them to solve complex operational challenges and maximise the benefit of the opportunities in the region.
- Your data-led analysis will help support decision making through the consideration of operations in the context of wider business implications. Key questions will include how to improve the customer proposition; the reliability of the network; the experience of our riders; and the performance of our restaurants. This will be measured across operational, financial, and growth metrics.
- Manage the interests of customers, riders and restaurants in every decision you take to strengthen the business both now and into the future via a smooth logistics network
- Proactively find areas for improvement, be innovative in seeking the best solution, and execute in a timely and considered manner
- Develop operational best practice in a fast changing, dynamic and competitive environment
- 1-2 years experience in consulting or similar high growth business preferred
- Highly proficient in data analysis, a strong communicator and a trusted problem solver
- Advanced Excel skills required and experience with SQL and data visualisation applications preferred
- You’ll be a strong communicator, comfortable presenting insights and solutions to a varied stakeholder group
- You’ll have a passion for problem-solving, use your judgement to assess potential risks and solutions
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and be comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.