The candidate needs to be proactive and a dynamic ambassador for Deliveroo, Finance operations and specifically the Reconciliations Function and be an overall point of contact for external and internal stakeholders.
The Reconciliations Clerk role will be responsible for the following across all countries in which Deliveroo operates:
- Assist Senior Analyst in The reconciliation of multi currency Bank Reconciliations in a timely manner on a monthly basis
- Assist in production of weekly and monthly financial and analytical reports
- Balance sheet analysis
- Assist in preparation and submission of presentations for senior management
- Work with Finance Analyst in communication to other teams within the business to ensure design and testing plans are fully scoped
- Assist in Performing month end closing, reporting
- Follow up with PCA requests, investigating further where necessary and collecting enough information for audit trail prior to approval
- Other ad-hoc financial tasks
- Finance degree, finance related or numerical degree is essential
- Excellent analytical and observational skills
- Previous reconciliation experience
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Strong ability to multitask
- Meticulous and methodical approach
- Able to work independently but can discern when to escalate a problem
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to build and maintain ongoing relationships
- Experience using NetSuite
- Experience working for a multinational company.
Deliveroo is a multi-billion-dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT's list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. It is a formula that works for us as we continue to bring great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
Why work for Deliveroo?
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.