At Deliveroo, consumers are at the heart of our mission to build the definitive food company - in this role you will be too.
Reporting to the Head of Consumer Value Proposition, you will have the exciting opportunity to join our newly-formed Consumer org (combining consumer strategy, value proposition, marketing and comms) at a nascent stage.
The consumer org will be responsible for driving the consumer strategy globally, building the tools and platforms that the business needs to understand our consumers, in order to build the most compelling and competitive proposition for them. You will own project based work to diagnose gaps in the value proposition, diving deep into the data and details to pinpoint problems, and then build plans to improve them by leading and coordinating across multiple internal teams.
Deliveroo operates one of the most complex businesses in the world. Our three-sided marketplace (of consumers, riders and restaurants) operates in real-time, serving millions of consumers hyper-locally in more than 600 towns across 12 countries. The geographical and demographic diversity of our consumers, as well as the competitive dynamics of the market, makes this a fascinating and intellectually challenging role. With a unique opportunity to join the newly formed Consumer org at an early stage and to have an outsized impact on the trajectory of a business that is growing at a breakneck pace, the role is also set to be incredibly rewarding.
What you’ll be doing
You will be finding solutions to some of the toughest and most exciting consumer questions we must answer at Deliveroo. We are looking for a critical thinker to conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis to drive our global business decisions. You could be working on projects in the following areas:
- Creating a framework to define and measure our value proposition which includes defining “what good looks like”, in time doing so at a very granular level since what a given customer wants on a Tuesday lunchtime in the office might be very different to what they’re after on a Saturday night at home.
- Driving improvements in individual areas of the value proposition through:
- Creating visibility of where we’re doing well against benchmarks and where we need to improve.
- Collaborating with teams across the business, from Commercial to Care, as well as most of our Product teams, to drive improvements for our customers.
- Deepening our understanding of the tradeoffs between different areas. For example, (when) is it better to offer a customer the opportunity to order from a restaurant that’s far away even though the order is more likely to be cold and/or late?
We are looking for someone who:
- Has 2-3 years of experience in Consulting or a strategy-related function
- Has a deep desire to solve real world problems, who sees the beauty of data and structure and how important these are to understanding a problem and identifying effective solutions
- Can prioritise effectively as well as lead multiple project workstreams concurrently and independently
- Is adept at conducting 80/20 analysis, drawing out business insights from that analysis and presenting findings and recommendations persuasively
- Experience as a Business Analyst/Associate (or equivalent) in a top-tier consultancy or in the strategy function of a top-tier corporate
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence others
- Solid Excel and modelling skills
- Effective PowerPoint skills in terms of speed and quality of output
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to craft a clear and concise memo
- Knowledge of core SQL
- Experience in a start-up environment (or as an entrepreneur)
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.