Financial Planning & Analysis, Senior Associate
We’re looking for talented people to join our expanding Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team. As the scale and complexity of Deliveroo grows every day, we need dynamic, entrepreneurial, analytical thinkers to support in optimising decision making and driving quick, profitable growth. This is a perfect opportunity to become part of a team responsible for driving the strategic direction of the business.
Provide analytical driven insight to support decision makers and understand the P&L impact of those decisions. You will work with stakeholders to manage data and model strategic initiatives to drive the long-term growth of the business. This role is perfect for someone who enjoys solving difficult problems, has strong analytical capability and can work closely with senior management.
The job will involve:
- Planning: (i) Assistance in coordination of the annual planning process, as well as regular re-forecasting activities (ii) Understanding and influencing the underlying drivers of performance to help drive the top and bottom line
- Reporting: (i) Driving/owning several aspects of management reporting, including monthly Exec reporting, headcount reporting and weekly/daily operational reporting, making sure that there is alignment and consistency in outputs and conclusions (ii) Maintaining rolling forecasts, working closely with Finance & Strategy Business Partners to understand the ongoing story in each country/function
- Analysis: (i) Providing proactive, insightful, high quality analysis to support decision making, in the context of wider business implications, which can be translated into comprehensive materials/commentary for senior stakeholders (ii) Involvement in regular assessment of working capital management, as well as balance sheet and cash flow analysis (iii) Working closely with the Treasury team to forecast daily/weekly cash needs
- Systems architecture: (i) Working with Data Science/Financial Reporting to maintain SQL code for management/operational reporting (ii) Driving forward reconciliation between operational/management/statutory reporting (iii) Owning/creating budget templates for country/function modelling (iv) Regularly seeking to improve/automate, as well as the potential involvement in the implementation of new systems
- Business partnering: (i) Full ownership of budgeting/reporting/interaction with various HQ functions (ii) Forecasting elements of OPEX for the whole Company, including headcount
- 3+ yrs of data analysis in an analytical or commercial role
- Advanced Excel skills (SQL is a big plus)
- Clear communicator, with experience influencing senior stakeholders
- Accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) desirable
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do we give low income families access to affordable healthy meals? How do we reduce food and packaging waste? How do we enable low emissions vehicles to become more mainstream? What does a future layout of a restaurant look like? What role will robotics play in the future of restaurants? How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.