When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Our Marketing Team is responsible for driving customer acquisition, engagement (frequency and share of wallet) and customer retention to create customer lifetime value. We do this by developing marketing strategies and programs to build awareness, create demand, optimize traffic, and continually improve our brand experience customers to deliver growth for the business. We apply research, analyze performance metrics, and provide product and industry expertise and understanding of customer behavior to inform and refine the business’ marketing strategy and execution. We develop content, manage, and deliver targeted merchandising and promotional activities. We apply customer-centric methodologies to improve our brand experience for customers. We drive operational excellence by measuring efficiency and effectiveness of activities. We deliver improvements in the process to scale delivery.
What you’ll be doing…
We are looking for an enthusiastic Marketing Manager to champion Brand Social & Content for Deliveroo Hong Kong. This newly created role will be responsible for developing and executing our brand social strategy across both owned and paid social channels to deliver brand and business growth. The ideal candidate will be a commercially minded digital marketer with a flair for storytelling. S/he will be experienced in managing key opinion leaders/ influencers/ marketing partnerships, and have a broad knowledge and understanding of social media content creation. S/he will be known for his/her appetite for testing and marketing innovations, and leveraging opportunities to scale programs based on results. S/he also needs to be a strong communicator, skilled negotiator, an enthusiastic problem solver who can earn trust and possess a strong sense of accountability to deliver results.
- Manage and drive social media strategies across both paid and owned channels, planning content/ editorial campaigns to elevate brand awareness and improve customer engagement with our brand.
- Main and grow the official social media platforms including IG, FB, Youtube to grow the followers, engagement and customer number/ OV, in line with KPIs.
- Partner with other marketing managers and the Commercial team to develop engaging and innovative content (adapting from HQ Brand social strategy where appropriate) for the local marketing calendar. Manage content upload and respond & engage with followers in a timely manner.
- On behalf of Deliveroo, build and maintain good relationships with local online channels/ platforms to gain resources and exposure.
- Build, maintain and constantly update a base of influencers/ affiliate sales (if appropriate)
- Monitor performance of social media activity, supervise on right direction and social trend, work with cross-functional teams and agencies to achieve social targets.
- Plan and monitor brand social marketing budgets, track performance of KPI and ROI.
- Develops and executes marketing programs with minimal manager oversight, managing multiple projects effectively at the same time.
- Proposes new ideas, concepts, or features with confidence, providing supporting data and projected ROI.
- Proactively collaborates with other teams to share learnings and align promotions prior to making recommendations or decisions.
- Demonstrates relentlessly high standards in campaign development and influences others to develop content that aligns with marketing brand and strategy.
- Shares and champions best practices across business. Is sought out by peers and stakeholders for his/her expertise.
- Uses customer, channel, and program performance data to develop short- and long-term recommendations. Learns from experiments and dynamically course-corrects based on results.
- Identifies program and process improvement opportunities and does not only rely on existing ways of doing things.
- When presented with issues or opportunities, formulate a plan of action with an aggressive but realistic timeline and engage with relevant stakeholders early in the process to help facilitate action.
- Motivates peers to act quickly on issues and opportunities and helps them properly prioritize the biggest opportunities. Demonstrates good intuition on understanding others’ points of view and potential roadblocks/ issues.
- Dives deep to ensure data integrity by validating with alternate data sources, by comparing results to expectations and to previous experiments, and by quickly identifying anomalies and gaps.
Skills you’ll need & Eligibility…
- 7+ years of career achievement in marketing (with demonstrated financial results and business impact), of which a minimum of the most recent 5+ years in B2B2C marketing involving multiple business partners and minimum of 3+ years in supervisory role in HK
- Proven capability in social media marketing strategies and deployment, data-informed decision making processes and performance-based marketing approach
- Solid experience in social media management with the ability to grow audiences, engage and delight through continuously challenging our presences on social platforms.
- Highly collaborative and possesses excellent communication skills with a passion for building strong relationships. Proven experience to influence, motivate and manage external stakeholders as well as internal teams
- Entrepreneurial minded, able to articulate new ideas and influence others to gain support
Strong learning agility, comfortable dealing with fast paced environments, able to prioritize high impact activities and keep complicated projects moving forward.
- Self-starter, creative and analytical problem-solver with attention to details. Delivers results quickly and efficiently.
- Native Cantonese speaker, strong Chinese writer, good written & spoken English
- Comfortable with advanced Google Sheets/ Excel, data dashboards and capable of data mining to perform analysis to develop/enhance marketing program
- Candidates with food delivery APP and/ or restaurant marketing experience will be prioritized.
- Fun to work with
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Snacks and drinks provided (although not unlimited, you will never go thirsty or hungry)
- Friday lunches on us from the best local restaurants
- Work with people who LOVE what they do
- Meal allowance if you are required to work late
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.