At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
The Corporate, Public Affairs & Government Relations Manager will be an instrumental member of the team, managing existing relationships with regulators, supporting our business in the Middle East, with a focus on the UAE, and building local coalitions that pave the way for smart policy.
What you’ll be doing
- Establish strategic relationships with government and community leaders, policymakers, and regulatory agencies, regularly meeting with them to build trust and mutual interest, mitigate potential obstacles and convey the company's priorities and strategies.
- Support city governments, transit authorities, local partners, and other relevant institutions understand how Deliveroo works.
- Help set and carry-out the public policy and advocacy agenda for the company, working collaboratively with the other teams and executives to ensure alignment between business objectives, policy and community outreach goals.
- Collaborate closely with other Deliveroo team members on operations, marketing, and local media activities.
- Track and advise on important changes in regulatory or legislative matters affecting the Middle Eastern markets, and keeping central stakeholders informed or involved appropriately.
- 4-5+ years experience in government affairs, political campaigns, and/or business development in a government-related environment.
- Existing transportation, government, and advocacy contacts and relationships in your market.
- Government affairs know-how, and cultural understanding of the UAE market.
- Comfortable working with Law & Regulatory council.
- The drive to fearlessly advocate for Deliveroo.
- A strong business approach and aptitude for finding strategic wins even in the face of initial resistance and risk
- Excellent written and verbal communication/people skills
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and work at a rapid startup space
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Degree in Politics, Communications, Public Relations, Law, or equivalent experience
- Fluent in Arabic, written and spoken is a must.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.