At Deliveroo, consumers are at the heart of our mission to build the definitive food company - in this role you will be too.
Reporting to the VP of Consumer, you will have the exciting opportunity to join our newly-formed Consumer org (combining consumer strategy, value proposition, marketing and comms) at a nascent stage. Your role will have two key parts: 1) owning the successful launch and adoption of new consumer-facing features and offerings (e.g. our pick up / click-and-collect service or our gift cards offering), 2) acting as the business owner of our core consumer app experience, working closely with Product and local teams to ensure customers have the best possible experience using them.
This role provides a unique opportunity to join the newly formed Consumer org at an early stage and to have an outsized impact on the trajectory of a business that is growing at a breakneck pace and that is changing the way we live.
What you’ll be doing
- Responsible for taking-to-market and driving adoption of new consumer-facing features and offerings
- Work within a cross-functional “squad”, including Engineering, Product and Data Science, to deliver great products to our customers
- Conduct competitor analysis and market research and partner with our Insights team to really understand the competitive landscape and target audience
- Partner with Product and Product Ops teams to influence our product strategy, especially around the who and the what, whilst ensuring it remains aligned to our business strategy.
- Define the go-to-market strategy (including when and how the new features/offerings will be launched) and drive it’s execution.
- Develop clear positioning and messaging to communicate a value proposition which resonates with the target audience, codify these in appropriate guides and materials.
- Work with Marketing to craft the promotional plan and coordinate with the responsible teams for execution and measurement.
- Ensure internal teams are all appropriately prepared for launch, as well as trained and incentivised to support the ongoing success of the feature/offering.
- Monitor adoption and gather feedback, working with Product and business teams to ensure the product remains relevant over time.
- For offerings not supported by our internal tech teams, you will also:
- Assume responsibility for budget development and the performance of the category
- Make forecasts for product demand to ensure the sustainability of inventory
- Devise supply/procurement strategy and plan
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure product availability that meets consumer demands
- Acting as the business owner for the consumer app, partnering with the product owner to ensure operational excellence in the consumer app experience (e.g. ensuring content is setup correctly and to suit the needs of the market)
- Develop a deep understanding of the existing functionality of our apps, as well as identified short-comings, proposed improvements and planned changes (i.e. product roadmaps)
- Gain deep knowledge of the functionality of competitor apps to understand how we compare and potentially gain inspiration
- Provide guidance to local teams on how to optimally use existing features of the app, ensuring this is then being acted upon.
- Channel feedback on the app from local teams to Product Ops and Product Managers.
- Operational experience involving category or general management, consumer strategy, consumer experience and/or go-to-market strategy at scale in a high-performing consumer product or service organisation
- Experience building and leading a team
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams and a successful track record in influencing stakeholders of all levels and specialisms
- Experience in a tech company or tech-driven business
- Customer obsession
- Structured thinking, commercial acumen, and analytical excellence
- Proven ability to think strategically, execute effectively, and drive long term impact
- Drive to execute at a quick pace to unlock maximum impact
- Strong communication skills, across all forms and media
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.