When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
We’re seeking a talented and motivated IT Support Engineer providing onsite or remote support to all our markets.
What you will be doing
- Providing support to end-users
- Troubleshooting and resolving front line issues and queries
- Logging incidents, service requests, changes and problem tickets in our support platform (Zendesk) and escalating where necessary
- Ensuring timely resolution of requests in line with Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Creating / updating training material, quick tip sheets and other documentation
- Coordinate asset and inventory management, including checks and audits, always according to our standards and processes
What you will be good at
- As an IT Support Engineer, you will have the ability to troubleshoot issues across networking, desktop, mobile and other IT infrastructure systems
- Attention-to-detail: you’re conscientious in developing clear and concise documentation
- Some knowledge of enterprise-level IT systems and services (GSuite and Chromebook support experience desirable)
- Experience in coordination of issue resolution to agreed service levels and targets
- Self-organised and prioritise workload
- Strong analytical skills with a progressive flair for problem solving and a tactful ability to operate autonomously in most situations, to successfully handle multiple conflicting priorities
- You possess a demonstrable willingness to learn and apply new technology
- Previous experience in a similar support role
- A level of flexibility; with possible weekly changes in shift patterns
- Experience using Zendesk, Google Workspace, Chromebooks and Mac’s
- A natural interest in putting forward new ideas to improve processes
- A desire to develop your career at pace, and the commitment to excellence that this requires