Product Management at Deliveroo takes many forms, and involves many facets. We’re a consumer-facing brand, with websites and mobile apps which help customers find great quality food which can be brought to them to satisfy their needs any time day or night. We’re a logistics company, directing a fleet of drivers around major cities across the globe using a dedicated native app. We’re a partner to restaurants, who see us as a way to unlock access to new customers and thus maximize the revenue of their existing business. And we’re a home for numerous internal teams building internally facing tools for Care, finance, and others, to keep the operation running effectively.
Life as a product manager can mean working on any or all of these areas, in order to deliver value to customers, drivers, and restaurants. Day to day, you’ll tackle new, interesting business problems, and find innovative, creative ways to solve them. We’re seeking brilliant and motivated Product Managers to help us keep moving things forward.
What you’ll be doing
Logistics Algorithms is one of the most vital areas within Deliveroo. These cutting edge algorithms, in real time, predict and organise riders and restaurants to deliver a fast, convenient and seamless service for our consumers. Our rider network is essential to the success of our business. It is rare for a product area to genuinely break new ground across industries, that is exactly what this group does - solving problems that no one has ever solved before.
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced Product leader to join the Logistics Algorithms group to help us continue to build cutting edge solutions and take our teams to the next level.
As Group Product Lead for this area:
- You have a track record of collaborating with engineers, product designers and data scientists to tackle ambiguous problems. You have overseen dedicated teams and led product prioritisation, developed roadmaps and driven the delivery of functionality for products that impact the real world
- You are highly detail-oriented and thrive in an environment where impact and speed of execution are paramount
- You possess significantly above standard analytical & technical skills and have the ability to challenge and be challenged on a numerical basis to ensure your decisions are well-founded
- You can have detailed discussions with data scientists about predictive models or algorithms while being able to explain their uses and benefits to stakeholders and executives around the business. You drive impact while balancing both short and long term priorities
- You understand when and how to run different kinds of A/B-tests; use both leading indicators and business metrics; and drive sensible decision-making even where statistical significance is low
- You can apply an uncompromising focus on user-centric design, intellect, data, research, and well-honed judgement to ensure you’re focused on making the biggest difference to our users with your work and the biggest impact on Deliveroo
- You are adept at influencing your teammates, stakeholders and depending teams to rally around your plan. You possess an evangelist’s touch for inspiring an organization with your product vision, instituting passion and excitement for your work and the ability to convince the senior team to be thrilled with an outcome, even if at times it varies significantly from their original ask
- Have previous, proven success as a Product Leader
- Have a track-record for defining the strategy to tackle ambiguous problem spaces and for building teams from the ground-up to execute on your plans
- Have experience working in a global, consumer business with geographically distributed teams
- Are highly detail-oriented and thrive in a scrappy environment where impact and velocity of execution are paramount
- Are highly analytical and can collaborate effectively with Data Scientists to define new measurement frameworks, make data-led decisions and contribute to financial planning
Preferred, but not essential
- Experience working on delivery network and food delivery businesses
- Degree in Maths
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of attractive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.