Engineer I, Collaboration
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
What you’ll be doing:
As an engineer in our IT team you’ll be focused on supporting our suite of collaboration tools. You’ll be responsible for day to day management and improvements to the tools that our teams use to communicate and stay productive, including Google Workspace, Slack and a number of other modern collaboration tools.
- You’ll lead and participate in IT projects, ensuring that projects are designed and planned well, focusing on delivering a solution or technical improvement.
- You’ll be an escalation point for our IT Support team for our collaboration and productivity tools.
- Provide hands-on and remote root cause analysis of IT issues
- Develop scripts, tools, processes or solutions to proactively prevent problems, improve user productivity and automate recurring tasks
- Experience supporting cloud based and SaaS applications and SSO, including Google Workspace (formerly G Suite), Slack, Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence)
- In-depth knowledge of Google Workspace Administration and Google Cloud Identity, including user management, devices, applications.
- In-depth knowledge of and the ability to perform advanced troubleshooting on browser based applications
- In-depth knowledge of various IT systems including email, document storage, identity, device management.
- Knowledge of best practices around data security and identity
- Coding / scripting experience in one or more general purpose languages
- Experience with supporting people remotely
Nice to have
- Experience with meeting room video conferencing equipment
- Experience delivering group and one-on-one training