Deliveroo is a multi-billion-dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT's list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. It is a formula that works for us as we continue to bring great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
Why work for Deliveroo?
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
The candidate needs to be proactive and a dynamic ambassador for Deliveroo, Finance operations and specifically the Payment Function and be an overall point of contact for external and internal stakeholders.
The payments specialist role will be responsible for the following across all countries in which Deliveroo operates:
- Work with the Senior Payment Specialist to provide timely processing of all payments going out the business daily.
- Handle internal and external queries, from numerous sources and identify the appropriate processes and procedures to resolve them.
- Work closely with Accounts Payable to resolve queries from external vendors suppliers in a timely manner.
- Forecast new Business payments in a timely manner for Treasury and AP team daily (B/F 11am)
- Work with Payments Senior with the coordination of payment related projects helping to build relations with both internal and external partners to achieve specified outcomes.
- Work with Snr Payments Specialist and Senior Finance Analyst with monthly bank reconciliations across all countries
- Constantly seek improvements to existing systems and processes and implement work with the Senior payment Specialist to implement these.
- Work closely with Payments Senior Specialist in the coordination of payment related projects helping to build relations with both internal and external partners to achieve specified outcomes.
- Provide full cover for the Senior Payment Specialist in their absence.
- Any other Ad-hoc duties as and when required.
- Strong understanding of the payments process including usage of different banking systems and online platforms.
- Attention to detail and high rate of accuracy.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Bank reconciliation process.
- Experience and MS Office experience with strong proficiency in Word and Excel and ability to administer small applications.
- Experience using G Suite (Gmail/ Google docs etc.)
- Highly organised with the ability to work under pressure and to work to demanding deadlines
- Able to independently represent the Payments function to internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to build and maintain ongoing relationships
- Experience using NetSuite
- Experience working for a multinational company.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.